The way god intended an undercarriage to be...

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

RacerZX
Site Admin

The way god intended an undercarriage to be...

Postby RacerZX » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:49 pm

Had the Path up on the lift this evening for the first time and was able to admire the outstanding job Nissan did, check it out:

Look at the incredible job they did tucking everything up to the level of the frame rails. You could make a rally-car style skid plate for the WHOLE thing with one flat sheet, it's insane:

However, ONE thing really stood out as APALLINGLY poorly designed. This is just so...LAME... :roll:
I'm sure a huge amount of HP could be gained by doing nothing more than replacing that heap of slag with a real exhaust merge. Ah well, one more thing to add to the project list :D
Last edited by RacerZX on Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chatham

Postby Chatham » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:48 am

Cool! Now I know what it looks like under there! Thanks!

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:54 am

That merge is aweful. I hadn't looked at the exhaust while under the Pathy. I have only been doing the oil changes. Which I wish the little direction spout actually worked worth a damn. I've gotten used to banging my hands up getting the filter off and on behind the skid plate.

SHAWNATGERBROCK

Postby SHAWNATGERBROCK » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:19 pm

Yea, you think that kink is bad , feel the one where it goes up between the rear suspension and body , there is a huge kink there .....i am gona build a mandrel bent 2.5" tailpipe that removes the rear muffler and gets rid of the kink .... I want it quiet still so I am gona use the stock muffler .....but just help the flow out of the back ....

Gray

Postby Gray » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:34 am

What he said but;

I've never liked that oil sump and transfer case front hanging in the wind. In stiff mud the muffler looks to be prime to drag off. :wink:

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”