Bad Enter/joysitck on '06 LE Nav

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

TonyfromNJ

Bad Enter/joysitck on '06 LE Nav

Postby TonyfromNJ » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:42 am

Looking for suggestions...

I have '06 LE (owned since new). The Nav joystick/Enter button (push joystick is enter) is bad. It will no longer make contact to the right and down.

I still have Gold warranty service until March, though to date the Dealer has always found a reason why a fix is is not covered...so I'm guessing they will say this is part of Nav/Ent and not covered... On my truck this is used to set oil change intervals, check tire pressure, set clock, and control system functions..(as well as Nav).

It may be worth me fixing myself if I can get the replacement parts.. or go aftermarket if something is a clean fit.

Anyone had and resolved this issue themselves?

-Tony

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:37 am

I can't answer how to fix this, but I would use your warranty and take it to the dealer. If they won't fix it, then contact Nissan.

TonyfromNJ

Postby TonyfromNJ » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:29 am

Thanks I'll probably try to get them to fix it(I have the Gold Nissan 7 years/100k miles warranty).

Though in practice over the course of the ownership of the truck I have had zero luck with the warranty...They always have some convoluted reason for it *not* being covered under warranty.

We'll see.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”