New Owner. NM

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

NmexMAX

New Owner. NM

Postby NmexMAX » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:17 am

Merry Christmas to ME. :D

Just picked it up today. I have been in the market for over a year now (last labor day). Found one, but the deal fell through, and it wasn't TOTALLY what I wanted. Saw this one, and got that old fashioned feeling, it's THE ONE.

Anyhow, on with the meat & potatoes:

2008 LE V8 K12 69k miles (I know, high, but it has everything I want and it wont be a DD, at all)

2.5 questions.

1.) I have a couple of other Nissans and am used to it, but, any issue with the slight chatter at start-up? I have 2 Maxima's a 95 & an 03, combined mileage of 370k. Both exhibit this slightly, but usually only when sitting for a long time and when it's cold and when it's time to change the oil. Timing chain chatter. The Pathy does it every time I start it. Common? Also, while I'm on the noise stuff, sorta sounds like a bird slightly chirping after it's started. I'm guessing belts. They seem easy enough to change.

2.) I have UpRev Cipher for my Maxima, works fine. Tried it on the Pathy and no dice, no communication. The ECU communication port is the same as the Maxima and the connector obviously fits but when connected to the CPU, I get nothing. I've seen the very few posts regarding UpRev and OSIRUS on here, but I don't have OSIRUS, just Cipher (diagnostics and some control over certain parameters). Anyone here have one and get it to work?

Last edited by NmexMAX on Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:58 am

welcome

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:48 pm

Good looking pathfinder. I too have an 08 V8. Any chance you can get a sound clip and post on the forum of the rattle/chatter you are hearing?

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:19 pm

Looks as if my UpRev Cipher needed a cable update, but even then I cannot change idle or base timing. :(

Ahh well.

deermjd

Postby deermjd » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:09 pm

Looks nice. Welcome to the forum!

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:07 pm

Little update to my newbie status.

The alleged noise seems to be a cracked manifold, or manifolds. I am taking her into the dealer Monday after work so they can asses what it is, and hopefully, it is a cracked manifold and hopefully they honor Nissan's 8yr/80k mile emissions warranty. A little lucky in that the V8 version happens to incorporate the catalytic convertor into the manifold.

Anyhow, moving on.

Magnaflow 12580 installed. Very mellow, but slightly deep tone.

Cajun b-pipes ordered. These will go on after the manifolds get replaced, if in fact that does happen.

4x4parts.com springs sitting the garage.

QX56 carriers paid for and to be shipped.

Now for lift plans. ... Thinking about this one long and hard.

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:20 pm

Progress.

HD rear springs for the rear. Considering all the latest posts regarding the HD springs, I opted to purchase some PUR spacers for the rear also. But, they may be to high (shoulda just gone with the OME springs.) Anyhow, I have been trying to get a hold of Greg to see if he'll sell me the rear Armada 1.5" kit, but getting a hold of him is like getting a hold of President Lincoln.

Also, replaced passenger side cat convertor (exhaust manifold) due to it cracking and associated AF sensor. Just ordered the driver side AF sensor since i keep getting a code for it.

Jays2010

Postby Jays2010 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:23 pm

Nice!! Lovin the progress.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”