Hello from downstate NY

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

HVhifi

Hello from downstate NY

Postby HVhifi » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:33 pm

hi guys been lurking around this site for a while and decided to finally join. I have a 2008 Pathfinder SE V8 that I purchased used in 2010 with 42k on it. I currently have 77k on it and have been planning on bypassing the radiator for the transmission oil as many have suggested. The truck up until this summer had needed nothing along the lines of repair but in July my exhaust manifolds began to leak. I brought it to the dealer and they replaced both sides under the emissions warranty, thankfully. Is there any preventative measures that can be taken to prevent the manifolds from cracking again?

I've done all of the Mobil 1 oil changes and brake jobs on the truck and are planning to change the plugs very soon. I replaced the serpentine belt over the summer with a Dayco belt which I still have a lot of noise coming from the belt or pulleys.

I'm putting far less miles on the truck now since I purchased a cheap old Honda for commuting. The Pathfinder is our fifth Nissan and unfortunately has been the least satisfying. The truck is awesome to drive and pulls our RV easily, but reliability has me worried. The manifold repair which I thought was a bit premature for failure would have cost me almost 2k just in parts. The original plan was to keep this truck for the long haul but I guess only time will tell if that's worth doing. On a good note the truck is a pleasure to drive and really feels finished and neat inside. Even the radio sounds amazing in such a large SUV. Next to my coworkers Explorer the Pathfinder towers over it. Looking forward to discussing more with you guys as I work on the truck.[/quote]

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:35 pm

Welcome to the forum. I too have an 08 V8. I love it. I just went over 50K miles. So far no issues. I've seen one other member on this forum who has posted about their V8 manifolds cracking. What are the sympotms you saw that I should look out for?

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:19 pm

i'd be interested in this "issue" as well.

i'm less than 400mi from cracking 70k in mine so i'm on the lookout for any problems.

although i've been half tempted to change out the exhaust headers and back for something more 'performance' like anyway...... :)

HVhifi

Postby HVhifi » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:34 am

The truck started to get louder especially in the 1800-2300 rpm range you could hear a distinct sputter sound. Then the check engine light came of course 250mi away from home pulling my RV on vacation. "O2 sensor circuit bank #". Performance was not effected but you could hear an exhaust leak.

My buddy has an 06 Titan LE and he has got 92k, both of his are shot. If you goto the Titan/Armada forums it is loaded with complaints about the manifolds. They are welded to the head pipes and cats so if they crack you need to buy the entire welded section. My dealer quoted me $985 a piece. I had looked into the Stillen headers and aftermarket manifolds but you still need to get the cat too. Because the cat is attached my dealer covered it under the 8yr/80k emissions warranty. From what I see there is no preventing it.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:38 am

that sucks. Glad it was covered.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”