Bose system swapped for an Nav System/CD/Radio/Ipod?

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

allisojh

Bose system swapped for an Nav System/CD/Radio/Ipod?

Postby allisojh » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:04 pm

Anyone now if my original Bose system can be swapped out for the Nav system? Can be OEM or aftermarket.

Just don't know how Bose being the original it matters? I know their connection points are all proprietary.

2006 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4. Factory Bose system

kelleyo

Postby kelleyo » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:50 am

I had mine replaced with this Alpine unit http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/ina-w910

It fits perfectly. I also added the backup camera and it is integrated with thr steering wheel controls. It is BLuetooth phone and also has a DVD player.

I did it without NAV or Sat radio. These can be added if I ever want them but so far the nav in my phone is good enlough and this unit has HD radio and SPAM DO NOT CLICK bluetooth to my Iphone so I do not really need Sat radio.

gond34

Postby gond34 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:17 pm

Gutted my entire BOSE system as well and went with a similar system as kelleyo including the backup camera and integrated steering wheel controls, but also added the Satellite Radio and recently snagged the Pioneer navigation model on a clearance sale for $125. Also tossed a Kicker L3 in a truck box with Alpine amp attached to it in the back and it fits perfectly between the 3rd row and tailgate.

allisojh

Postby allisojh » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:25 pm

@ GO

Any pics to see what it looks like?

I am very interested in what you did!!!

Keith P

Postby Keith P » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:36 pm

gond34 and kelleyo

Integrated with the stock steering wheel controls and backup cam?

Thanks

kelleyo

Postby kelleyo » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:20 pm

Yes with Stereo controls. I added backlup cam to mine since it did not have one before.

LaPathfinder

Satellite Radio Tuner Kit

Postby LaPathfinder » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:32 am

2005 Nissan Pathfinder with the Bose 6 disc supposedly Sat capable. Anyone know where I can purchase the Sirius Tuner kit at a reasonable price. Shouldn't be too hard to install. Dealership wants $450!

Vividcard

Postby Vividcard » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:25 pm

I self installed a AVH-p8400bh, not quite a nav system but it has video and the like, steering wheel controls and backup cam installed as well. looks great. my only worry with a nav system is if you have a second box that needs to be behind the box you might have some trouble. unless its got some wires to let it be about 1-2 feet below the stereo where the catchall box is, behind there its a glorious large hole for stereo accessories. sirius tuner, steering wheel remote kit, all that stuff fits back there. I can put up some pics if you'd like

jeffavs21

Postby jeffavs21 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:22 pm

Hey guys, Im new to the forum and was wondering if maybe someone on here could help me out. Does anyone know if the factory bose amp powers just the 2 small subs in the back or does it power all the speakers in the vehicle?

bpk01

Postby bpk01 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:44 am

Vividcard wrote:I self installed a AVH-p8400bh, not quite a nav system but it has video and the like, steering wheel controls and backup cam installed as well. looks great. my only worry with a nav system is if you have a second box that needs to be behind the box you might have some trouble. unless its got some wires to let it be about 1-2 feet below the stereo where the catchall box is, behind there its a glorious large hole for stereo accessories. sirius tuner, steering wheel remote kit, all that stuff fits back there. I can put up some pics if you'd like
Please do and how to get there

Return to “R51 Electrical”