Got my radiator replaced...

Discussion topics related to the radiator and transmission failures in all Nissan trucks, education of the public on this issue, and attempts to force Nissan to start a recall.

Moderator: volvite

GimmieSumMo72

Got my radiator replaced...

Postby GimmieSumMo72 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:08 pm

good thing there was no mixing of the fluids... you could smell the coolant burning, and see it leading for various places from the radiator.

My question is, are they supposed to do the bypass when replacing the radiator under warranty?

I don't think they did on mine. The service advisor told me it's not a permanent fix, it can still happen again. They did not change the design of the radiator, so they are replacing it with the same thing.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:15 pm

The new rad should be the updated version. What is the part number listed on the label? Should be on top, closer to the driver's side.

t

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:12 pm

The 'bypass method' is not an approved Nissan procedure and alters the original design of the vehicle, so it would not be done under warranty. If the radiator was replaced, there really is no need for the 'bypass'. As far as service advisors, take what they say with a grain of salt. Most of them have no mechanical background and don't know what they're talking about. What they do know is how to recommend a bunch of costly services that you don't need, like oil flushes, trans flushes, brake fluid flushes and anything else that can be flushed.

GimmieSumMo72

Postby GimmieSumMo72 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:57 am

heres the part # for the replacement... sorry it took so long!

nissan-newbie08

warranty rad replacement

Postby nissan-newbie08 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:16 pm

Had coolant mix with my transmission nissan replaced my rad under extended warranty and flushed transmission 6 times . Truck shifts great no signs of permanent damage yet keeping my fingers crossed.

Return to “Nissan Transmission FAIL”