Removing center console in 2006 Pathfinder

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

allisojh

Removing center console in 2006 Pathfinder

Postby allisojh » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:31 pm

Anyone give me some advice?

Also... is the lighter switched or is it always hot?

i was thinking about tying into it for the headrest DVD players I got the kids but I want it to be switched.

If not I will run the power wires up to the fuse panel and get an "add a fuse".

i am looking for the least amount of disassembly of the interior to run the wires.

ShipFixer

Postby ShipFixer » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:48 pm

Center console between the seats or center in the dash? Between the seats is easy - pull up the fascia over the top of the drink holders, then pop up the centerpiece around the shifter, back end first. Beyond that depends on where you want to go and what you want to do. I'm assuming you're running some power cables; this gives you enough access to do that (or at least it gave me enough to run some stereo to under the seat stuff, and gets you to the back of the console outlets).

The dash outlets (I don't have a lighter) are always hot. The one inside the arm rest storage compartment is only live when the key is on.

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:28 pm

Not sure if they changed this from one model year to another but in my 2011, of the two dash outlets, the top one is switched, the bottom one is always hot. The outlet in the arm rest storage compartment is switched and the one in the rear cargo area is always hot.

ShipFixer

Postby ShipFixer » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:31 am

Oly 22 wrote:Not sure if they changed this from one model year to another but in my 2011, of the two dash outlets, the top one is switched, the bottom one is always hot. The outlet in the arm rest storage compartment is switched and the one in the rear cargo area is always hot.
p
Ah...you may be right. One of mine has had a blown fuse for a little while so I didn't remember.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”