New member in NC scared to death

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

Tiger20

New member in NC scared to death

Postby Tiger20 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:52 am

Just got rid of my Titan for a 2008 Pathfinder. Picked it up the other day it has 90K miles but I only drive about 5K miles a year so I went with the higher mileage and newer model.

Got it home and pulled the tranny dip stick, it is light red or dark pink. I was planning on doing the bypass first thing but now am wondering if I need to get rid of it NOW. I actually towed my Odyssey home with it and purchased it from an auction at a great price. Tranny felt great, no shudder and no slippage whatsoever. Any assistance is appreciated.

EeJay84

Postby EeJay84 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:11 pm

transmission oil is clear and reddish. When mixed with coolant it becomes more strawberry milkshake-coloured. If you wanna be sure, check your radiator cap and coolant container filler as well. These are too supposed to be clear.

welcome :)

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:31 am

EeJay84 wrote:transmission oil is clear and reddish. When mixed with coolant it becomes more strawberry milkshake-coloured. If you wanna be sure, check your radiator cap and coolant container filler as well. These are too supposed to be clear.

welcome :)
welcome. i second this^.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”