XM/SIRIUS Question

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

hamncheese

XM/SIRIUS Question

Postby hamncheese » Thu May 10, 2012 2:39 am

I have the Bose factory radio on my 2007 Pathy with XM/Sirius. I want to swap out my Bose for an aftermarket HU. I'm being told that I'll have to run an antenna for the XM/Sirius even though the HU I'm planning on getting comes with XM/Sirius. Can't I use the existing XM/Sirius antenna to connect to the aftermarket HU?

Thanks for your help.

gond34

Postby gond34 » Thu May 10, 2012 7:54 am

Nope; you'll have to swap them out. Bose has their own XM antenna that's coded differently. Sounds stupid (which it is), but that's typical Bose... Unfortuantely they're pretty much the "Apple" product of factory car stereos (basically nothing integrates).

hamncheese

Postby hamncheese » Thu May 10, 2012 9:37 am

gond34 wrote:Nope; you'll have to swap them out. Bose has their own XM antenna that's coded differently. Sounds stupid (which it is), but that's typical Bose... Unfortuantely they're pretty much the "Apple" product of factory car stereos (basically nothing integrates).
Thanks for your reply....thought they were trying to take me for a ride.

LaPathfinder

Bose/Sirius help

Postby LaPathfinder » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:56 pm

Okay posted this in another thread, BUT 2005 SE Off Road, Bose 6 disc with the CAT button. Can anyone tell me where I can find a Satellite Radio Tuner Kit for cheap. Dealership wants $450 NOT! Any suggestions?

Return to “R51 Electrical”