The Recirculate Button and how to get it to turn on

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

DanJetta

The Recirculate Button and how to get it to turn on

Postby DanJetta » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:12 pm

In every car I've ever owned, the air conditioning's "recirculate" feature is turned on by, you know, pushing the 'recirculate' button. Not on the Pathfinder, though. There's some secret combination of settings to getting the "recirculate" button to work. Anyone know what it is?

I can only get mine to recirculate when the fan is set to 'off' -- and sometimes when the climate control is set to 'auto' and the car has put itself into some magical combination of settings.

Has anyone figured this one out?

FreQ

Postby FreQ » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:59 pm

what year? mine works fine in all settings IIRC lol

DanJetta

Postby DanJetta » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:18 pm

It's an '08 LE with the automatic climate control.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:35 pm

You have to put it in manual mode by adjusting temp, blower, or mode. Then it will not work in defrost, defrost/floor, or floor modes. This is covered in the manual (i know...i looked it up after struggling with it a long time ago). Easiest way is to just push the mode button to get it on dash and then hit recirc. The only reason I've ever had to manually go to recirc is if following a stinky vehicle or for a skunk in the road....and then I usually want it fast.

DanJetta

Postby DanJetta » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:26 pm

Ah, got it. Thanks!

That's the same thing I need it for... when I'm following a smelly car. Then my wife and I find ourselves pushing buttons like we're frantically programming a space shuttle for an emergency landing or something.

I do miss the simplicity of a basic three-knob system. Mine has like 80 buttons.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:08 pm

I've yet to own a vehicle with auto climate that doesn't give me more problem than a plain manual system. And I've owned a lot of different vehicles...Chevy is probably the least bothersome but I'm like you...I could control this all myself just fine. Bad part is it's hard to find manual systems these days.

ShipFixer

Postby ShipFixer » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:16 pm

Mine works fine with the climate control in auto. It does reset to outside air from starting though...or rather it opens when you shut down the vehicle to prevent mold.

Return to “R51 Electrical”