New from Ohio

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

dysFUNctional

New from Ohio

Postby dysFUNctional » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:47 am

We just became a Pathfinder owner, purchased a 2005 SE 4x4 with about 100k. We have owned 2 Altima with hardly a problem so we looked at Nissan for a vehicle to pull our new to us pop-up camper. Can't wait for it to get warmer now!

There are a few issues I've noticed now after I signed all the "as is" paperwork that will need to be addressed.
1) The spare tire is missing, so now I need to find something used and cheap to put back there.
2) The "key" for the security lug nuts is missing, so somehow I will need to remove those and buy new plain nuts.
3) The drivers side window button is very intermittently working now, barely working to lower the window.

I still love my new Pathfinder despite the stuff I need to fix.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:00 pm

Welcome to the forum. As for your issues.

I would look in a salvage/junk yard for your spare tire that you require.

I've found the best way to remove a lug nut lock is to use an inexpensive socket that's just a size too small and hammer it on the key nut and remove. Sucks, but no one makes keys for them as they are supposed to be different to help prevent theft.

Sounds like you have a short in the switch. I'd remove and possible clean the switch first and then if that does not fix it, I'd replace it. Again check a salvage/junk yard.

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:12 am

welcome. i had the same problem with my master window switch. just buy a new one it will fix the problem. my wife was stuck with the window down one day. so get on it before it happens to you.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”