Mother Effer!!!!!

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

Danguy426

Mother Effer!!!!!

Postby Danguy426 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:31 pm

:evil:

What the Eff Man? Why are there so many stupid people on the streets that have a drivers license? How does one person manage to hit a PARKED car that is in their DRIVEWAY!?!?!?!?!?!? :?: :?: :?: :?:
I go to walk the dogs, and was gone for a whole ten minutes.
I come back to my car knocked right into my damn garage. Now my whole back end needs to be replaced. the whole bumper is destroyed, i might have a bent axle. And who knows what happened to the front end
[
what the eff man?!?!?!?![/img]
http://www.dansv8pathy.shutterfly.com/action/
added a new album with the pics

To0lB@G

Postby To0lB@G » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:01 pm

That sucks....NYC though, I can see that happening there.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:35 pm

People are straight retarded. It's not even like your driveway is short. And let me guess, noone heard or saw a thing right? That was not a gentle nudge either.

I have seen some of the stupidest people driving ever. I am all for mandatory behind the wheel tests at whatever interval deemed necessary. I wouldn't even care if it was yearly.

I saw these two women down the street from me, neighbors across the street from each other no less. Both driving mini-vans, both backing out of their driveways into the street. Both obviously not utilizing the basic's of driving and completely side swiped each other at all of 5 mph.

Danguy426

Postby Danguy426 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:04 pm

retarded is an understatement. There were three guys on the corner when i left my house.. and they were there when i got back. I immediatley went over to them and was like "what happened?" they barely spoke english and was like "we see nothing" effin great.. other neighbor heard the loud bang.. but didn't think to investigate. Idiots.

i dont know what it takes to protect yer car. you would think that yer in yer driveway... yer safe.. right? i live on a dead end street.. so its obvious it was one of the locals wanting to take the parking spot in front of the house. swing A k-turn.. and hit the gas instead of the brake? morons.

mandatory retesting.... i second and third that notion.. especially as you get older.

best case scenario.. my frame gets cracked or compromised to the point where i can total loss the car.. and get a new one.
i just need to vent... its very frustrating and such an inconvenience.
but at least neither me or my wife were injured... cars can always be replaced or repaired...

sveintore

Postby sveintore » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:24 pm

Damn that sucks :(

I'd go round and check every car in the neighbourhood for damages the next couple of days.. And it's a pretty tall car, not a regular sedan that leaves this kind of damage?

You could put up flyers promising a reward..

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:01 am

sveintore wrote:Damn that sucks :(

I'd go round and check every car in the neighbourhood for damages the next couple of days..
I'm with Sven, looks like they traded paint too I'd be looking for a white vehicle with some grey markings or a warped corner with a freshly waxed shine. Whatever hit it was a only as tall as the bottom of the liftgate. I'm figuring the yellow fleck is from their vehicle's bumper cracking on impact.
Any paint chips waiting in the driveway?

I feel your pain, I had a moron do the same thing to my ZJ a few years back. He fessed immediately claiming he was arguing with his daughter and not paying attention.
This past week the Path was egged twice once on monday and again on friday. Too bad the little hooligan didn't know I setup a few cameras and a DVR Tuesday am (there is no fool me twice thus; no shame on me). a phone call to po-po here 20 min waiting there and a confession there. The next day the kid's mom shows up, not only did she march over with the kid and make him apologize face to face, crying, snot bubbles, and all but as punishment she insisted he has to wash my car every day before school for the entire month. Anyone that was brought up all proper like should know they cannot deny an insitant mother teaching their offspring a lesson as valuble as repecting other's personal property. Bwahahaha :twisted: .

I'd setup a DVR and a camera too (worked for me, ymmv). If your path hadn't been there odds are they would have hit the garage (homeowners insurance?). Secondly, odds are they will come down the street again and if it's someone who lives on the street or visits often the DVR sure beats staring out the window all day like the villaige idiot.

Danguy426

Postby Danguy426 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:28 am

found tons of paint chips in the driveway.. still lots of paint stuck on what used to be my bumper as well. I know its a dark green car. Went around the neighborhood yesterday lookin for a banged up SUV or car. I know of two green suv's around my way close to that color.. one is a 96 pathfinder the other a jeep grand cherokee
I know usually when something like this happens, the perp usually comes back to the scene much later on to see the damage. Its just frustrating to deal with. the car is only 4-5 months old, you put it so much hard work taking care of your investment.. only to have some idiot trash it in a matter of minutes.

Only positive thing..i think my front end might have been spared. The 3M protective film i have on my front end seemed to have absorbed any potential paint damage. I have not moved the car as of yet until i can get someone to board up my garage.

once i pull the car out i'll take pics of the front end. Even the cop that showed up felt my pain.. 1st thing out of his mouth "dang... this is a new car too...v-8 was new for this year..."

second car i had damaged in my driveway..think its time to move.

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:34 pm

wow that blows hope you find the guy

Danguy426

Postby Danguy426 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:13 am

**Update**
Damage total is currently at 4300 bucks and climbing.

My bodyshop finally got the new liftgate, rear driver fender, as well as rear bumper cover and assembly. The front end will need to be repainted, and my clear bra needs to be reapplied.

Upon further investigation they found that my frame was bent to the point where the left side of the car was higher than the right. Was gonna try to get the car total lossed, but my mechanic and insurance company insists that this is nothing major.

any thoughts?

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:16 am

Danguy426 wrote:Upon further investigation they found that my frame was bent to the point where the left side of the car was higher than the right. Was gonna try to get the car total lossed, but my mechanic and insurance company insists that this is nothing major.
any thoughts?
Get it fixed then sell it!

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:57 am

I just don't get the insurance companies sometimes. Our company van was broken into a couple of weeks ago. Some jackass used a pry bar to pull out the door away from the glass. Ended up busting the passenger front window. The lame thing is that the only thing that was stolen was the factory radio/cd player. Did I mention this vehicle is a Ford (purchased by a guy who no longer works for us, praise Jeebus, from one of his "church" compadres)? I'm betting there must be a huge market for a stock Ford radio :roll: I bet I could pick one up used for $10.

Anyway, the insurance company told us to take it to a specific body shop for an estimate. $6700 was what they told the insurance people (the entire dash was mangled). They just cut us a check and sent it to us. We took it to another body shop and just picked it up yesterday. Total cost was $700. What I don't get is why the insurance company would toss us $6700 when the vehicle is not worth that much (we looked it up). No wonder we have so many problems with insurance in this country.

Danguy426

Postby Danguy426 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:05 pm

god bless insurance companies.. either you love em or you hate em.
I guess if the damage to the truck was nearing 25K then they would have said "eff it" we'll just get you a new truck.

im hoping that once i get it back.. that everything will be a-okay.
otherwise i'll have to slap a "for sale" sign on it. Which i dont wanna do cause i love the truck.

08Datsun

Postby 08Datsun » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:29 pm

It's a shame it's so new. However, a good body shop should be about to make it good as it was. Our Maxima has been rear ended twice. I still drive it and you can't tell from looking at it or driving it that it was ever damaged. My mother's former Grand Cherokee was rear ended so bad, it bent so the rear doors stuck out. When it was repaired, it was perfect. She drove it for several more years. Having a good body shop is key, though. Your decision to keep it will probably depend on how it actually turns out.

I'm really surprised about the frame. It's overbuilt for the size of the Pathfinder.

Danguy426

Postby Danguy426 » Thu May 01, 2008 7:47 am

Nice
so my neighbor is talking to me yesterday (haven't seen him in a while.. thought he moved) and he is commenting on how my garage door hasn't been repaired yet...
he then proceeds to tell me "yea.. the guy that hit you...i have his plate number..."

what the? did you just wake up a month later? :?: :?: :?: :?:

Called it into my insurance. and turns out that car is also a customer of geico. They are arranging to inspect his car and if it turns out it is him.. i get my deductible back! hallelujah! :P

Mr Mayor

Postby Mr Mayor » Thu May 01, 2008 9:19 am

Yer neighbor is an a-hole.

I am so happy to live on a dead-end street, with the best neighbors on both sides. An engineer and a retired Sheriff!

Amen!

MGJ

Return to “General Automotive”