Tried to reset my ECU, now the truck won't idle. HEEEELP :(

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

EeJay84

Tried to reset my ECU, now the truck won't idle. HEEEELP :(

Postby EeJay84 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:25 pm

Okay, after having some idle issues I decided to do this reset of the ECU
http://www.nissan-navara.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=5786

After the reset it started but stalled immediately. Started and stalled and then didn't start anymore. I was able to start it with going first gear and turning the ignition (with the clutch released) and then I drove for a while but whenever I was idling it stalled.

alot of issues when idling (RPM <600) and sometimes it didn't start at all afterwards. Did the reset a few times more and was able to start the truck and got it home but it doesn't idle at all.

Also tried to do the Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning, Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning and Idle Air Volume Learning but nothing happens.
I don't think I'm able to do the air volume relearn, it says that I'm supposed to depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx 20 seconds until the MIL stops blinking and turned ON. But it never stops blinking :(

I've disconnected the battery over the night and will see what happens tomorrow.

But have anyone an idea on what I can do? Is it just to take it to the stealership and have them set the idle with the Consult-II?

RobG

Postby RobG » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:02 am

Hello again! I haven't done any resets (yet) but as I also have an idle issue I did look into this a few weeks ago. From what I gather the counting (x) amount of seconds is absolutely crucial. It appears you'll need a stopwatch at hand for the 10 second counts. I recall you were looking to clean the throttle body...how did it go? The throttle relearn I recall is one of these 10 second count jobs.

Here's my bookmarked page to several management resets:

http://nissanhelp.com/diy/pathfinder/engine_codes.php

you might try the idle air ratio reset too ;)

Hope you get it sorted!

EeJay84

Postby EeJay84 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:53 am

I managed to do another reset and idle air volume relearn (with the pedals and seconds) and now it idles but stalls almost every time I let the rpm drop to idle, I have to give it some gas and hold it at 700rpm before letting go of the gas.

tomorrow I will take it to the nissan dealer to do a consult-iii configuration on the air idle volume.

The throttle body doesn't exist (?) it is a diesel engine so it uses direct injection and compression?

RobG

Postby RobG » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:58 am

ahh of course (duh!), I didn't even think of that!! DCi = Direct Common-rail injection right? Thanks for that, I too would have been for looking it!!

I did get slightly better idle after replacing the fuel filter element (was full of sludge) but now my idle hunts until the engines' hot and I have to use the pre-heat switch to a few miles. Once she's nice and warm she behaves perfectly.

Let us know what Nissan have to say.

EeJay84

Postby EeJay84 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:23 am

So I was at the dealer today, hoping they could just reset the idle... the option didn't appear on the Consult-III, (also because it is a diesel right?)

After about an hour of checking different things in the computer diagnostics we noticed that fuel pressure was acting up. After resetting the fuel pump it did not start (probably what happened when I reset the ECU/ECM). When turning the ignition the pressure was between 8-14 (I don't remember the unit, kPa maybe?) and according to the mechanic this value should be around 40.

I did the idle air volume manual reset and we got the car running again and checked the pressure. At about 1500rpm it was between 40-60 with stady drops down to 16. And you can actually hear it when the engine is running.

So first step is to change some valve on the fuel pump (regulator?). Quoted about 300 Euros.

Probably have the ECU/ECM raised the value on the pump along the way, and when reset it probably is too low to relearn.

RobG

Postby RobG » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:22 am

Sounds likely. I took mine to a mechanic who could check fuel pressure and he said it was fine, although I didn't get the resulting figures. It was him who suggested the fuel filter as pressure was good.

I think there's a fuel regulator which might be the valve your mech's talking about.

Hope you get it sorted out buddy!

Rob.

EeJay84

Postby EeJay84 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:33 pm

Yeah, I got a time for it march 28. Hopefully it will fix my problem :)

In the diagnostics there were two pressure meters. One called "Fuel pressure" and it wasn't that one that was faulty. I can't remember what it was called but it was shortened to like "cti prs rgl" (not that but, three words of three letters :P )

EeJay84

Postby EeJay84 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:15 am

So my car stalled last week and didn't want to start. I towed it to the dealer and they got time to do the repair today.

They changed the regulator on the fuel pump. On the reciept it says "Valve Assy-Regu" with part number A6860-AW42B.

Perfect idle, perfect everything!

If this had not worked, the next step would have been to change the common rail and injectors etc. Which would have cost about 3000 euros :/

Sooo I'm happy now :)

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”