AIRBAG LIGHT FLASHING

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

rservin77

AIRBAG LIGHT FLASHING

Postby rservin77 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:37 pm

Just noticed today that the Airbag light is flashing on my 06 Path. The Passenger light is on as well. Is there any way to reset this??

deermjd

Postby deermjd » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:04 am

In my experience with the Airbag light on another vehicle, only the dealer's scan tool will reset the light. A general OBDII scanner will not reset the airbag light. The airbag light is on for a specific reason and there's a chance the airbag will not work in an accident. Get it checked out and see why the airbag light is on.

Tzvier

Postby Tzvier » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:48 am

theres a procedure to go into the diagnostic mode in the service manual (http://www.thenissanpath.com/filelib/R5 ... ce/SRS.pdf) it's kind of a PITA to get into, but it helped fix my problem when I pulled the seats out and ended up with it flashing.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Thu May 16, 2013 10:57 am

Thought I would bump this thread, as I just had my airbag light start flashing on the weekend.

It happened when my wife decided she needed some snacks from the back of the truck. Since we were travelling sans kids, she figured she'd lean back the seat and crawl over. Well something that she did while in the process of doing this (she is 7 months pregnant and not terribly nimble right now) did something to confuse the SRS computer. My theory is that it saw the seat sensor engage and disengage too many times in a short period, and thought it was faulty.

Anyways, I used the method shown HERE to reset the system. No more flashing light, and a happy Terry.

The only thing that would make me happier is if it was more like my old 08 civic, where I could actually get the codes out by counting the flashing SRS light. But whateve, it hasn't come back, so not that important.

And it saved me a trip to the stealer.

t

Return to “R51 Electrical”