How to add Auto-diming, Homelink, Compass mirror to 2007

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Jakobud

How to add Auto-diming, Homelink, Compass mirror to 2007

Postby Jakobud » Thu May 23, 2013 1:08 pm

I have a 2007 Pathfinder. I think it's an S model? It has cloth seats, no sunroof.

I was looking at the OEM Pathfinder mirrors with auto-dimming, homelink and a compass. Has anyone here put one of these in your Pathfinder?

I see it looks like there is a specific harness that hooks into the back of the mirror that goes into the headliner. What exactly does this all hook up into? Is it just something in/behind the ceiling console that it plugs into? Or do I have to run wires through the ceiling liner and down the A pillar and into the dash?

Anyone got instructions and/or images of this process?

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Thu May 23, 2013 1:16 pm

i always thought that car makers already ran the wires for most things, even if you didn't get that option. something about it being easier to add the options down the line, without having to 'special' make each vehicle at that stage.

so i would imagine if you bought the mirror you'd get the auto dimmer and compass, and i also bet that the homelink 'brain' is in the mirror itself so that should work as well.

and if i'm right, then you should have the female(or male i guess) end of a wire harness in the console where you map/dome lights are.

that's just my guess though.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Thu May 23, 2013 2:05 pm

I don't know if the power supply is there or not, but that's all it needs. It would be pretty easy to run it up there one way or the other. These mirrors are actually fairly generic pieces found across multiple brands. Search ebay for homelink and you'll probably find what you want.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Thu May 23, 2013 4:16 pm

My Pathfinder came with one, however I did install one into my old 04 Mazda 6. It was very easy. I have those instructions if you would like a copy. It would be about the same idea, just have to find a power source. I ran the wire down the driver side front pillar to the fuse box and it worked great. I made sure it was connected to a fuse that turned on with the ignition but also turned off with the ignition so it didn't have constant power.

Return to “R51 Electrical”