2002 Pathfinder Washer Pump

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

bartman

2002 Pathfinder Washer Pump

Postby bartman » Thu May 23, 2013 6:17 pm

The front washer pump on our 2002 Pathfinder has failed. The replacements available online, as well as the replacement at the dealer, all have one discharge. The dead pump on the vehicle has TWO discharges! The dealer has been zero help on this, other than to say, "we don't have that one."

I'm wondering what the second discharge is for, do I need the exact same pump with 2 discharges, and where can I get the 2 discharge pump if I need it.

Thanks!

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat May 25, 2013 10:53 pm

According the the part detail (see link below), there should be a reservoir with two pumps, one for the front washers and one for the rears, each having a single line to it. If you do have two disharges, any chance you could run a short piece of washer tubing (or vacuum tubing) off of the single discharge and then install a "T" or "Y" fitting to connect it to the two hoses?

Hooligan

Postby Hooligan » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:55 pm

It looks like two discharges but, it's a type of venting arrangement to remove the air and help prime the pump. I bought two new ones on-line at the NissanPartsConnection.com.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”