starter-starting troubles

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

scottclement

starter-starting troubles

Postby scottclement » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:37 pm

hi I have a 95 v6 pathfinder, when I got the vehicle the previous owners have a funny set up for starting it. what they have is just a regular 12 gauge wire from the starter to the positive side of the battery. the vehicle wont start unless you turn the key to the on position and rub the wire on the positive terminal of the battery...... so it starts, that's great but I need to have this working properly any advice???? and when I turn the key to the on position I can hear a clicking sound like the starters engadging?? might I add none of the gauges are working on the cluster?? and it seems the heater blower is not working either. some advice would be helpful I am going to keep working on this meanwhile, thanks in advance!

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:12 am

Since multiple items are not working, I would suggest checking your fuses and fusible links.

scottclement

got it!

Postby scottclement » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:52 pm

smj999smj wrote:Since multiple items are not working, I would suggest checking your fuses and fusible links.
should of started with the fuses, but I was kinda distracted with the funny rig up on the starter, anyways I looked in the fuse panel and found a blown fuse on "meter" I replaced it and that got everything working again

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”