Surging SUV

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

cfenton

Surging SUV

Postby cfenton » Mon May 12, 2008 7:08 am

Does anyone know what may cause surging of my truck for the first min. when I accelerate? Then nothing? Its not even chugging, just real slow, then it quickly picks up and disappears. Thanks.

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Mon May 12, 2008 9:42 am

May be your throttle position sensor. That's the first thing that comes to mind. Have you downloaded the shop manual yet? I has troubleshooting sections in it. It sounds like you have lots of problems to work out on your truck. Are you getting any codes? Pep Boys has the reader/ eraser on sale right now. it comes with a book and cd for decyphering the codes. If you use it twice you covered the cost of going to the dealer.

cfenton

Postby cfenton » Tue May 13, 2008 9:13 pm

I haven't downloaded any manuals as of yet. Codes no. I'm thinking of just taking it in to see what the problem is.....ugh. It isn't getting any better, worse if anything. Surging was a pleasant word, more like jumping abruptly now. Then settling out.

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Wed May 14, 2008 5:57 am

Not to take anything away from this site, but have you tried asking about your problem on nissanforums.com? They have more people with previous generations that may have had a similar problem. Good Luck!

cfenton

Postby cfenton » Wed May 21, 2008 8:30 pm

Yes, actually I was a member there first...but the feedback started very slowly. As of today, our cam sensors were replaced here @ home. I'm trying to avoid paying the dealership for work that can be done here in my garage....thanks for the recommendation.

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Thu May 22, 2008 5:18 am

I have the same name on there and saw your posts. I am trying my best to help. Did you download the shop manuals? They aren't the most helpful for some things, but once in a while you get exactly what you need.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”