Need a sunroof cover for my 1994 LE

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

greyhoundrick

Need a sunroof cover for my 1994 LE

Postby greyhoundrick » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:33 pm

Hello everyone,

I have a 1994 Pathfinder LE and plan on keeping it forever. Since we live in Phoenix i really need to find a cover for my sun roof that will keep the sun out (especially in the summer).

Can you tell me if there is a sun roof cover made for my vehicle and where i could possibly get one?

Thanks so much for helping me.

Best to you! :)

rick

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:06 pm

There should be a sliding sun shade under the sunroof that is used for this purpose. If you are referring to a cover that goes on the outside of the sunroof, I've never heard of any such cover.

greyhoundrick

Postby greyhoundrick » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:56 pm

smj999smj wrote:There should be a sliding sun shade under the sunroof that is used for this purpose. If you are referring to a cover that goes on the outside of the sunroof, I've never heard of any such cover.
Thanks very much for the reply. Appreciate it!

Mine doesnt have a sliding piece that would cover from under the sunroof and it looks to me like the way it is designed that one like that wouldnt work.

I think what i need is some type of cover that could be put on from underneath the sunroof from the inside of the car and then be removed when you want the light to come inside. Not sure if there is such a thing but i would think there might be (?)

Thanks again for the input,

best,

rick

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:47 pm

The sunshade on the WD21's, IIRC, has two hooks on the front and there are plastic knobs at the back that thread into the sunroof glass assy. to keep it up. Refer to the parts diagram linked at the bottom:

Part code "91692" is the locking plastic knob.
Part code "73910X" is the sun shade.
Both of these are color coded. Some of the colors of the sunshade are out of production. Looks like gray (trim code "K") and red (trim code "R") are still available.

http://www.nissanpartszone.com/Page_Pro ... entsNo=738

greyhoundrick

Postby greyhoundrick » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:26 am

smj999smj wrote:The sunshade on the WD21's, IIRC, has two hooks on the front and there are plastic knobs at the back that thread into the sunroof glass assy. to keep it up. Refer to the parts diagram linked at the bottom:

Part code "91692" is the locking plastic knob.
Part code "73910X" is the sun shade.
Both of these are color coded. Some of the colors of the sunshade are out of production. Looks like gray (trim code "K") and red (trim code "R") are still available.

http://www.nissanpartszone.com/Page_Pro ... entsNo=738
Thanks so much for this!

Im not mechanically inclined so i ask a lot of questions (lol). In looking at my Pathfinder i see that the sunroof looks like its just one piece (tinted) with a locking knob. I dont ever undo the knob and lift up or off. I dont see any other pieces attached to it so im wondering if i would need the 73910X, 91692, and 73990M or just the cover (?)

Again, many thanks for helping me with this.

best to you,

rick

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:42 am

Check your pro date. Since you have a 94 model, you would likely need "73910X," which states for production between 7/92 to 6/94. The "73990M" was only used up to 7/93 production. The lock knobs show 6/94 pro and later. I usually purchase parts from 1stAAANissanParts.com as they have the best prices, but their parts diagrams are not as good as NissanPartsZone.com. 1stAAA is actually Mike Barney Nissan in NY state. They are usually pretty helpful. There is a contact form at their site. I would suggest you give them your VIN # and ask them before ordering anything; they should be able to tell you what you need.

greyhoundrick

Postby greyhoundrick » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:11 pm

smj999smj wrote:Check your pro date. Since you have a 94 model, you would likely need "73910X," which states for production between 7/92 to 6/94. The "73990M" was only used up to 7/93 production. The lock knobs show 6/94 pro and later. I usually purchase parts from 1stAAANissanParts.com as they have the best prices, but their parts diagrams are not as good as NissanPartsZone.com. 1stAAA is actually Mike Barney Nissan in NY state. They are usually pretty helpful. There is a contact form at their site. I would suggest you give them your VIN # and ask them before ordering anything; they should be able to tell you what you need.
Thanks again! Your knowledge about this is amazing! A huge help!

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”