CB radio and antenna

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

yarilo

CB radio and antenna

Postby yarilo » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:42 am

Hello!

Anybody with CB installed? Where you placed your antenna and radio, any good ideas? Thinking of installation but don't know how to do it with minimum of problems. Theory are known to me, but practically...

Makc

P.S. If you have pictures of your install - please, publish.

sveintore

Postby sveintore » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:09 pm

You might want to check out the australian forum:
http://pcoa.org.au/forum/viewforum.php?f=20

Very many with CB's there :)

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Re: CB radio and antenna

Postby NVSteve » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:31 pm

yarilo wrote:Hello!

Anybody with CB installed? Where you placed your antenna and radio, any good ideas? Thinking of installation but don't know how to do it with minimum of problems. Theory are known to me, but practically...

Makc

P.S. If you have pictures of your install - please, publish.
Hi yarilo,

My last CB installs all involved about a 4 meter whip antenna mounted on the rear of the vehicle, either a bumper or on the body. If I had to do a CB again now, I'd get one with a portable/removable magnetic roof antenna, combined with a portable CB handset and call it good.

NVRDONE

Postby NVRDONE » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:53 pm

Mounting a C/B is a bit of a chalange due to the center console & no under dash access.
Mine is a temp setup. The radio is mounted to the left side of the console infront of the drivers seat with double sided sticky tape. Its down under my leg & yet very accessable. Power is a plug in the accy outlet in the console.
The antenna is on a magnetic mount on the roof just forward of the hatch.
It's worked great on long road trips, but I'm not sure how the antenna would hold up to off road use.

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:32 am

The upper glove box looks like a good fit for a CB. A magnetic mount probably the best with such a long vehicle and running the cable out the weather stripping of the doors.

markspath

Postby markspath » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:45 pm

I use a Midland hand-held unit. The antenna cable routes through the dash, then through the rockers then up and out the top of the rear hatch. I have a 2-ft fiberglass whip on a mount designed for thick commercial truck mirrors attached to my roof basket, and the basket itself is grounded to the truck body.

Photos here: http://photobucket.com/MarksPath_Truck

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”