i cant open passenger rear door

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

dragonman80917

i cant open passenger rear door

Postby dragonman80917 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:05 pm

Hello guys, i just got a 93 pathfinder and the rear passenger door wouldnt open from the outside. I guess it wasnt connected,well the previous owner forgot about that and he used the childlock so his daughter couldnt open the door while sitting there in the back .so now i cant open the door from the outside or the inside.Does anyone know what i can do to get to the mechanism on the inside of the door so i can get it opened and possibly fix it so it can be opened ,inside or out?

ChatWithaNinja

Postby ChatWithaNinja » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:25 am

Is it possible that the handle works fine, but the actual problem is that the locking mechanism in the door isn't disengaging like it should?
You might try the power locks a few times to see if it catches once.

If you are sure it is the handle, provide some more information on how it behaves when you try to use it: Clunks then moves freely - broken and hanging by a thread - flaps open and closed with the wind. Things like that help us to think of a possible workaround to get it open just once so you can disengage the child lock.

ChatWithaNinja

Postby ChatWithaNinja » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:36 pm

Actually, scratch using the power locks. Crawl over and unlock it manually so you can feel if the locking mechanism is actually unlocking the door.

Koncrete

Postby Koncrete » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:27 am

Your kinda boned there... I just reassembled my rear door locks because the outside handle wasn't working... it seems after almost 20 years the metal is starting to fatigue and bending just enough that the outside handle (Which is attached via rod to a longish lever inside, it's the lever that is bending) doesn't quite push far enough...

On my rear passenger door I was able to tweak it back in place by bending the lever back up about 15degrees...

On my drivers side rear I am still trying to get it right, seems to be more then just that lever is out of alignment...

As far as getting it open with child safety engaged, your probably going to have to tear the inside of the door apart to reach in and manually use that lever to open the door...

15csloan

Postby 15csloan » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:07 pm

The same door in my 93 doesn't work very well either, but some WD40 and some tugs gets it open a few times. I always carry WD40 now.

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”