AppRadio 3 New Install

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

hamncheese

AppRadio 3 New Install

Postby hamncheese » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:58 am

Just finished my install of my new Pioneer AppRadio 3 over this past weekend. Just wanted to share my install and any hurdles I encountered along the way. I don't post much here but felt that I needed to share since I use this site very much for my Pathfinder needs. Any questions, just ask away.

I installed this unit myself, purchased from Crutchfield. Those guys were very helpful.

I ran along some problems so I'm posting pics to help others where to locate the wires I had difficulty finding and to show before and after photos. My apologize if pics are to large.

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

2012Pathfinder_EB

Postby 2012Pathfinder_EB » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:50 pm

Looks Mint!

nramirez1978

Question

Postby nramirez1978 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:09 pm

Looking to buy the appradio 3 and install it in my pathfinder 2006.

what kind of rear view camera did you get?

also were you able to make the steering wheel controls work? with the universal kit.

Thanks.

Pro's/Cons?

KPath05

Postby KPath05 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:38 pm

Nice. How close to the crossbar were you behind that HU? When I installed my JVC and plugged in the Sirius cable, I was right on it and had to modify the connector housing to get the HU screws to go down all the way. I'm looking into replacing the JVC with something else and add a back up cam too.

Also, I had issues with reception when I had the antenna on the dash. In the two other cars I had Sirius in, I've had the antenna on the dash and never had any issues, but for some reason this car did. I ended up routing it above the tailgate next to the roof rack.

Return to “R51 Electrical”