Weathertech window vents disappointed.

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

2537buzz

Weathertech window vents disappointed.

Postby 2537buzz » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:51 pm

I was excited to buy weathertech in channel window vents. Got them today and went to install them. Install was easy (and I'm a girl. Lol) and everythin was going fabulous until we got to the passenger side window. The auto sensor on the window detected the cemt and would roll up, then automatically go right back down. I called weathertech, they fist said to edge it up slow so it does not go up automatically and then when it hits thw top, hold the window button up forcing the window to stay in p,ace, hold it for a minute and it should stay. The. Leave it up for 48 hours. Well that did not work, as soon as I let my finger off it rolled right on down, plus maybe I am dumb in thinking if you keep the button forced up whe it is hitting something and teying to come down I would think it could burn the window motor out, no? Next they said well have someone fo outside the window and pull the guard away from the window and once again edge it up, hold the vutton a minute then release it. Tried that and still no go. I guess they will have to fo back. I have seen some have success even with a sensor and others say it did not work. And yet pthwrs say it worked vut not constant, they had to continuously play with their window each time they wanted it back up after putting it down. Really disappointed, the in channels look really nice, especially dark smoke on a black Pathy like I have. Aslo disappointed that no where on their install video so they address it. Anyone else try these and if so how did they get thw. To work? Thanks Elaine

2537buzz

Postby 2537buzz » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:52 pm

I should have said that I have a 2004 Pathfinder LE

tooslowforgr

Postby tooslowforgr » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:44 am

2537buzz wrote:I should have said that I have a 2004 Pathfinder LE
Just installed mine and i am having same issue with front passenger window not to mention a lot of wind noise coming from both front windows
what should i do?!
pleas pm me

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:29 pm

If you have anti-pinch windows, the in-channel vents might cause problems. You may have to go with the window shades that attach to the exterior side of the window moulding.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”