Need help

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

09pathinbk

Need help

Postby 09pathinbk » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:57 pm

Hey guys. I recently leased an Elantra to commute to work with so the path was sitting for three months. My battery died so I jumped it a few times using the Elantra Twice I tried using my craftsman battery charger on the engine start setting but it was just clicking not starting. When I tried to start it my factory alarm was going off. I have an aftermarket alarm and don't carry the factory remote. So I pulled a fuse or two until it went off. I thought I put the right fuses back in but when I got a new battery every dash light stays lit. My speedo and 4wd indicator don't work. Any suggestions ?[/img]

09pathinbk

Postby 09pathinbk » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:05 pm

deermjd

Postby deermjd » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:50 am

Do all the lights stay on even after driving around for a few minutes? Whenever I disconnect the battery on mine some of the dash lights will remain on until I drive for a few miles.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:04 pm

The low battery voltage may have triggered several trouble codes in various systems. First, I would make sure the battery is good and the charging voltage is in spec. Next, steer the wheels straight ahead and disconnect the battery; let it sit for a couple of minutes. Reconnect the battery cable, start and drive. If the lights are still illuminated, then you'll have to get the codes retrieved and erased (and, if needed, diagnosed) with a capable scantool. An OBD II code reader will not access ABS/Traction control, 4WD and other non-powertrain system codes.

Return to “R51 Electrical”