Radio Presets Resetting

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

eric.wiley

Radio Presets Resetting

Postby eric.wiley » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:17 am

Hi All-
I searched for this topic in search and couldn't find anything.

I have a 2011 Silver Edition. My wife drove this vehicle for some time, and I've only recently taken it over (she has an Armada now).

Though my wife was able to change the presets on the vehicle, I can only change them during the current trip. If I turn the engine off, the next time I start the car the presets are back to my wife's.

We have only one key and I don't believe we have the "intelligent key" that tracks different drivers.

Any thoughts on how I can reset the presets?

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:54 am

Silver edition has the keyless start and I'm pretty sure it comes with the memory for each fob. Certainly sounds like what's going on.

eric.wiley

Postby eric.wiley » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:54 pm

skinny2 wrote:Silver edition has the keyless start and I'm pretty sure it comes with the memory for each fob. Certainly sounds like what's going on.
Thanks. I don't know how to alter this. How can I reset?

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:15 pm

Well...have you checked the manual? I know i've seen a section on memory settings in there somewhere. Do you have the memory buttons? Does the seat/mirrors change position also?

eric.wiley

Postby eric.wiley » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:23 pm

skinny2 wrote:Well...have you checked the manual? I know i've seen a section on memory settings in there somewhere. Do you have the memory buttons? Does the seat/mirrors change position also?
They don't change positions. There's no Driver number indicator on the door like it's suggested that there would be if the fob did control the presets and seat.

Return to “R51 Electrical”