06 pathfinder factory Bose system and DVD HELP

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

babyrocky1

06 pathfinder factory Bose system and DVD HELP

Postby babyrocky1 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:44 pm

Hi I have a '06 Nissan Pathfinder and it currently has the factory Bose 6 disc CD changer and factory Over head DVD (dvd player is in the centre arm rest area)
I want to change the deck to this http://www.crutchfield.com/shopsearch/kenwood_ddx770

I want to keep the Bose system sound and keep the functionality of the overhead DVD. different shops have said this is possible other say not possible and the price range is CRAZY!!

Does anyone have experience getting this to work?? Also can someone recommend a shop preferably downtown Toronto that CAN do it at a reasonable cost if it is possible to do.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:57 pm

According to Crutchfield:

"Installation Details for your 2006 Nissan Pathfinder Sport Utility with Bose system; without Navigation system:

This item fits your vehicle
If you replace the factory radio, the factory DVD player won't work anymore.
If you replace the factory radio, you'll lose factory SIRIUS satellite radio capability.
If you replace the factory radio, you'll lose your factory XM satellite radio capability.
You'll need to use the factory radio's brackets in order to install your new receiver. If you don't have the brackets, you can obtain them from your dealership."

I wouldn't think the factory DVD player would work with an aftermarket head unit. You'll likely need an adapter to get the steering wheel controls to work with the aftermarket deck. I would also expect you'll need an adapter to use an aftermarket head unit to work with the Bose 1-ohm impedance speakers and amps.

babyrocky1

Postby babyrocky1 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:09 pm

I know the site says it can't work but I think that is if you do a straight instal without a work around - from what I have researched I'm thinking possibly because the DVD player in the centre console has RCA inputs that somehow the kenwood could input to that?? Does this sound plausible?

What I was thinking is ideally
The kids can watch a move from the old DVD player with headphones for sound and I can listen to music free from superhero movies ':lol:'

Or if I wanted to play a movie with sound threw the whole car I would use the kenwood DVD player and it would play on both the old DVD player screen and the kenwood

Also when you say adapter to use an aftermarket head unit to work with the Bose 1-ohm impedance speakers and amps
Do you know what the adapter is called?

smj999smj wrote:According to Crutchfield:

"Installation Details for your 2006 Nissan Pathfinder Sport Utility with Bose system; without Navigation system:

This item fits your vehicle
If you replace the factory radio, the factory DVD player won't work anymore.
If you replace the factory radio, you'll lose factory SIRIUS satellite radio capability.
If you replace the factory radio, you'll lose your factory XM satellite radio capability.
You'll need to use the factory radio's brackets in order to install your new receiver. If you don't have the brackets, you can obtain them from your dealership."

I wouldn't think the factory DVD player would work with an aftermarket head unit. You'll likely need an adapter to get the steering wheel controls to work with the aftermarket deck. I would also expect you'll need an adapter to use an aftermarket head unit to work with the Bose 1-ohm impedance speakers and amps.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:23 pm

It's called a factory sound system interface. Here's a link to one such unit:

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails ... egoryID=26

As far as the DVD, if Crutchfield's tech support is no help, you might try contacting Kenwood's customer support. While I realize there are RCA inputs, those are for sound. A control interface for the DVD is another story. For Kenwood's customer support:

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Contact/

DreamerzCC

Postby DreamerzCC » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:26 am

Just wondering if there was any update on this?

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:25 am

[quote="smj999smj"]It's called a factory sound system interface. Here's a link to one such unit:

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails ... egoryID=26

Be careful with pac products. i have the steering control interface for my pioneer. it gives me problems responding to switch controls. it has a late response with the volume controls and needs to be reset and reprogrammed alot. i am on my second interface it after the second or third day it started doing the same crap. stay away from pac products.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”