R50 Offroad Capabilities

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Oleschool

R50 Offroad Capabilities

Postby Oleschool » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:44 am

I just bought a 97 and was wondering what these vehicles are like off road.I'm not looking to mud bog with it but I would like to be able to use it on muddy back roads etc.Basically a hunting wagon. How do they compare to a Grand Cherokee of the same year?

fleurys

Postby fleurys » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:49 pm

They are good machines... I would say the drivetrain is far superior of the cherokee you mentioned. Many people used them for off-road that is harder than just going hunting or fishing.

The engine on this year (96-2000) is probably the low point of it with only 170 hp.. but then again, on 4 low, it does not matter really.

As for me, I have a 2001 and have locked the front and back with ARB lockers and I use it in hard to very hard trails. It has not fail me yet ...

Don't forget that the rear axle on your truck is bigger and stronger than a dana44 that you see on the jeep rubicon !... bet you did not know that !

If you are looking to lift it a bit or simply level out the suspension, check here : http://4x4design.com/Pathfinder_R50_96-04.php at the bottom of the page. It is my company, and we manufacture suspension spacers. We also make skidplates, but it is now on hold until we get new fabrication machinery.

Cheers.

S.

Oleschool

Postby Oleschool » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:32 pm

Thanks. This is the type of info I was looking for. The reason I ask is because I have a 98 Grand Cherokee and I want to get rid of one of them. I just read about the rear axle and fairly deep gears on my Pathfinder.

Anybody else going to chime in?

FRANKWAGMAN13

Postby FRANKWAGMAN13 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:02 am

Hey i bought a 01 pathfinder and i was my first nissan i always had chevys k5's, pickups but fuel killed me so i picked one of these up and i go play in the mud all the time and this pathfinder is badass i go through everything in it and never get stuck it just keeps pulling i drive it everyday now and its sweet i put 31s on it, i would buy another if i had to

Hey Fleurys how do i make a order for some spacers front and rear i want to lift my pathfinder up some?

fleurys

Postby fleurys » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:40 am

FRANKWAGMAN13 wrote:Hey i bought a 01 pathfinder and i was my first nissan i always had chevys k5's, pickups but fuel killed me so i picked one of these up and i go play in the mud all the time and this pathfinder is badass i go through everything in it and never get stuck it just keeps pulling i drive it everyday now and its sweet i put 31s on it, i would buy another if i had to

Hey Fleurys how do i make a order for some spacers front and rear i want to lift my pathfinder up some?
Hi FRANKWAGMAN13..

To order, it's simple as sending me a pm or by using my contact-us page on web site.. I use paypal for payment and ship rapidly.

to my contact-us page : http://4x4design.com/Contact_Us.html

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”