Grinding with acceleration/deceleration and clunk with gears

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

srquill

Grinding with acceleration/deceleration and clunk with gears

Postby srquill » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:56 pm

So I have a 2005 with 112K and I've had a problem with the acceleration for awhile. I found that between 2000-2300 rpms or, there is a grinding type of sound. It's hard to describe, but you can kind of feel it in the pedal. It only happens in that rpm range and i believe it happens more when under more stress, aka hills. I've had loose heat shields before..it's not those. Any thoughts on what it could be?

Also, often when I'm parked and shift out of park, it can be hard to move followed by a loud clunk. Happens more when on a incline too. No problems shifting while driving, just when parked moving out of Park.

oreogaborio

Postby oreogaborio » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:12 pm

Thinking it might be the infamous 2.2k rattle... it's just a valve in the intake. There was a service bullitin that was issued for it but it isn't harmful. That said, you shouldn't feel it through the pedal, though so that makes me question whether or not it's something else....

When taking the truck out of park, if you're parked on an incline that happens to me, too. But if it happens even when you're on the flat, then I dunno what to tell ya.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”