new 2013 Pathfinder prospective buyer here

Any topics related to 2013+ R52

Moderator: volvite

Go_Blue

new 2013 Pathfinder prospective buyer here

Postby Go_Blue » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:16 am

Hello all. I'm not a Pathfinder owner yet but I am very interested in the new 2013 Pathfinder redesign. I'm joining this board in order to hopefully discuss this new model with other potential buyers & owners.

I do realize the new crossover redesign is getting bashed by existing members here. Does that mean this site won't be supporting the new model?

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:54 am

No. There will be a new section dedicated to the new 2013 pathfinder. It will require lots of work from you as a potential member and once you do own a 2013 to promote that new section. Good luck on your future purchase. Let us know what you decide.

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:58 am

its not being bashed as a vehicle, just as a name.
i personally like it, but calling it a "Pathfinder" after a legacy of the older models is like inducting justin beiber into rock n roll hall of fame.

smj999smj had a good idea of naming it a Murano XL or something. that would have been better,

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:56 pm

I agree. It looks like a nice vehicle and I will be interested in seeing it in the local showrooms. I like to push all the buttons :). I expect that it will handle and ride better than the previous years and have more features. It depends on what your needs are and what you are looking for in a vehicle. The 2013 is going after a different target market than the R51. The R51 is a purpose built off road truck, the 2013 version will not be as capable. The people that own earlier models purchased them for a variety of reasons and opted not to go with crossovers that would have been similar to the 2013 model. Off road capabilities, towing capacity and rugged looks is why I purchased a 2011. The 2013 is a departure from these traits and that is why you are reading the negative press on this forum. There are some hardcore guys on here.

If you do indeed purchase a 2013, you could be the first one on this forum and could tell us all about it.

Good luck, in your decision.

Vividcard

Postby Vividcard » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:23 am

As many of the others have stated, it's not the vehicle that is the problem. The issue in all reality is that they chose a car with a long legacy to its name. Likely to promote sales based off of a loved brand name. As with many others, It looks like a great vehicle. But not like a great pathfinder.

My pathfinder will take to the dirt just as well as the road. It can tow 6000 pounds. It's big, its burly, its mean-looking. Its a style that I like. What they have done is take a vehicle who's name is known for its off-road prowess and made it into a road suv. Which is just fine, but I wish they would attach a different name to it.

It would seem to me they have chosen this path (no pun intended) because Nissan has a rugged 4x4 (Xterra, very capable off road, only 5 seats though) And a Nissan Pathfinder Armada (7 Seats, Decent-ish off-road) and they had no need for a middle man, but they have yet to create a nice cross-over. Thus the 2013 Pathfinder.

crispy

Postby crispy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:56 am

Drove one yesterday. Rides nice. Lots of nice buttons. I must have parked the thing 10 times without looking out the window once. That's going to be a problem...

Told the dealer to call me when they have a Platinum Premium on the lot.

Stay tuned.

Carlo

Postby Carlo » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:54 pm

Here is my Pathfinder w/platinum package dark slate and almond interior. It has great luxurious amenities for my family compared to other vehicles in its class. It has a smooth ride and great MPG compare to my other SUVs-rough ride with bad MPG ( I reside in So California and gas is $4.30 gallon) It can handle unpaved roads perfectly. Extreme off road.. I don't do that and there are the off road purist in this forum but Nissan targeted another group of consumers. Nissan complained how bad sales were on the outgoing Pathfinder model and that's why it had to be changed. IMO-good for Nissan!

http://m1354.photobucket.com/albumview/ ... 0&newest=1

http://m1354.photobucket.com/albumview/ ... 2&newest=1

http://m1354.photobucket.com/albumview/ ... 3&newest=1

http://m1354.photobucket.com/albumview/ ... 4&newest=1

pyrophilus

Postby pyrophilus » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:45 am

I'll post nicer pics.

I just picked my my '14 (on the left), and traded in my '05 (right).

I gotta say, I LOVE THE REMOTE START!

The salesperson apologized (we were looking for grey SL premium with charcoal leather) for only having a white SL Premium with beige leather.

He then also apologized that it comes with remote start, but they won't charge for it because we didn't ask for it. We originally negotiated an SL base backage, and after we made the deal, the paperwork didn't go through. I gambled and didn't pay deposit.

The vehicle was sold before we straightened out the paperwork the following week. That's why they offered us premium and remote start package for same price.

Anyway, I am not thinking, how did we live without a remote start?

I would suggest getting it. It also seems like it's only $250-$300 extra for the OEM kit, which comes with upgraded remotes.

Grumpah

Postby Grumpah » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:07 am

Judging by your signature, I'd say that you're quite a Pathfinder fanboy!

I also have the SL Premium package, but in a 2013. I believe that remote start COMES with that package if I'm not mistaken.

If you don't mind me asking, what was your out-the-door price for your SL Premium?

Return to “R52 General Chat”