Why do the color options suck so bad?

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

pyrophilus

Postby pyrophilus » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:46 am

Went in to nissan dealer looking to see if they had used 2012 (R51) to replace our 2005.

Our 2005 was non metallic white. We were not too fond of the 2005 white. The dealer gave us a huge deal on a moinlight white 2014 SL with Premium package. The 2014 sat in lot for a long time. I guess white with beige leather isn't too popular.

We got it for near invoice price of base SL (factory remote start included, dealer just wanted get it off the lot).

We REEEALLY wanted mocha SL with black leather, but the white is like you said, pearlescent.

It sounds bit sad, but people lookjng at the R52 from the distance thinks I bought a Lexus SUV. Think the color makes it look upscale. Although, like I said, bit sad that Pathfinders, legendary offroad rick crawler, is not mistaken for a luxury crossover...

Back to color. I think I would have loved the mocha, but I am not unhappy with our white either.

Btw, I noticed many dealers only had mochas in SV... thry tried to make it so that if I wanted features, I'd have to give up the nicer color. Not cool...
crispy wrote:Revisiting this thread.

We've had several dealers looking for a Mocha Stone since they came out. We dropped by a local dealer today to have them look at our trade and they had a white Platinum Premium.

I didn't realize that it was a pearl white. Wife liked it and we brought it home.

Return to “R52 Body Interior and Exterior ”