Car shopping now

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

jman9895

Car shopping now

Postby jman9895 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:06 am

Hey all,

I'm currently shopping for a Pathfinder up here in the northeast. Need to replace my garbage 2006 Sorento. The newer ones are nice, but the motor they used in my vintage was absolute garbage, and after 2 grand in 4 months... its time to trade up.

I own a customs shop doing emergency equipment upfits.. Lights, sirens, plows, pretty much anything electrcial. I'm a former master auto tech and now work a day job as an engineer and do the upfitting nights/weekends.

I had a couple questions though, is the SMOD (strawberry milkshake of deah) issue up to 2012 or does it include it? My shop resources say both yes and no. I'm going to get an aux tranny cooler anyway but still it'd be nice to know

Has anyone done a factory subwoofer retrofit in one of these? I'm not planning on getting a loaded version (i honestly dont need all the options) but i've got a spare kenwood amp kicking around here and wouldnt mind having a little thump

heated mirrors? I know there's a diy on xterras, do they come factory on pathfinders?

Thanks guys, I really hope to be able to add to this forum as well!

RCAPathfinder

Postby RCAPathfinder » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:43 pm

Welcome... I have a 2008 with 73K miles and no issues yet... I will be doing the bypass soon. I was thinking about adding an aux cooler but I have heard from many that its not a "cooler" but it actually gets the fluid warmer faster. go figure.

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:25 am

welcome

jman9895

Postby jman9895 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:11 am

picking up my 2012 today, 30k on it. First in go the lights and sirens and 2 way radios and then the silver trim panels around the shifter are coming out and I'm wrapping in 3m carbon fiber film. They were heavily scratched from the previous owner so they're getting wrapped instead of replaced.

I'm toying with the idea of a lift but the most off road it sees is unplowed dirt maintenance yards or mud when im doing an upfit on site. As much as I like the look of it, I dont really need it. Someday though...

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”