Replacement Radio - how to fit it in

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Funky_ChPimp

Replacement Radio - how to fit it in

Postby Funky_ChPimp » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:15 pm

I've been a frequent user of this forum over the past few years and am on my second pathfinder already. Love them, love this site. BUT, I need some help. I've gone thru many site's "head unit fitting guides" and not much that is 2din really seems to slide-in-fit a pathfinder even tho that's what they come with!.. So I figured the best course of action was to just pick out a unit, order a wiring harness adapter from crutchfield and be on my way. I will lead off by saying I have not ordered anything yet. I have made my mind up that I want the Bravo View IND-7000BT. I tried to find pictures or info that showed the wiring harnesses' shape. I could not, so I ended up just going to crutchfield in order to find what I needed. They suggested a Metra 70-7552 would be what I needed in order to intermediately connect the radio wiring harness to the vehicle wiring harness. That is my location in the process so far and all I need to know is if this part is the solution for hooking a head unit up? Also, I would like to know the dimensions of a Pathfinder's stock mounting hardware. This unit is 7" wide, 4" tall, and 7.5" deep. Basically I only need to know if a mounting bracket would be necessary for installing this unit as well.

jman9895

Postby jman9895 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:45 am

Yes, you will need a wiring harness for this. I generally use metra's website but thats only because I order directly from them. Crutchfield has never steered me wrong. The wiring harness is bascially a plug that mimics the back of the factory radio. That way you can connect the aftermarket radio to the vehicle without interfering with the OEM harness.

However, the pathys also use a non standard antenna plug. You will need an antenna adapter for the head unit too.

As far as the dash kit goes. I don't think its a full dash kit, but just the brackets to go from the radio to the dashboard. Either way, for what they cost, if its recommended I'd get it.

IF you have the loaded version that has the remote volume controls farther down in the dash and the lcd screen in the dash, you need a few modules to retain the use of those, the steering wheel controls, aux in (this you may have to make), etc...

sbm806

Postby sbm806 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:36 pm

Is there an Aftermarket radio that will display the climate controls in the 2008 SE? I want to change out the screen but a touchscreen with bluetooth but the OEM screen displays my climate controls...is there a way to keep that with an aftermarket stereo?

Funky_ChPimp

Postby Funky_ChPimp » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:49 am

Thanks jman, I ended up getting a lot done over the weekend. Got my radio put in with some new door speakers and they sound excellent! I wouldn't have known what to get tho if you hadn't helped. Haha I had a lot more mods to go with it as well. I'll put up before and after pics soon. By the way if anyone is wondering viewing this thread down the line, the bravo vision 7000BT is an excellent choice. I have friends with $600 head units that have less options, lower quality, and poorer user experience than the unit. Also, I had it shipped free for $106. All in all, unbeatable.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:16 am

sbm806 wrote:Is there an Aftermarket radio that will display the climate controls in the 2008 SE? I want to change out the screen but a touchscreen with bluetooth but the OEM screen displays my climate controls...is there a way to keep that with an aftermarket stereo?
I haven't heard of any aftermarket options that will provide the climate controls...at least, not yet.

Return to “R51 Electrical”