Fade control on Bose factory stereo

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Oly 22

Fade control on Bose factory stereo

Postby Oly 22 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:54 pm

While driving on a long trip, my girls wanted to listen to some of their music...just shoot me! So, I wanted to fade the music back to the rear speakers and all that happened is by fading to the rear, the volume, in the front speakers decreased and nothing was coming out of the rear speakers. so it was basically like turning the volume down. Anyone ever experience this? Any ideas on how to trouble shoot?

Thanks in advance.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:55 pm

Are you adjusting the fade through the center console? Have you checked to see if you have volume coming out of the rear speakers at the same time you have it coming out of the front? Possibly they have been blown or disconnected.

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:00 pm

Yes, I am using the fade control, on the right hand side of the centre console. Also, I double checked and there is no sound, coming from any of the back speakers.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:04 pm

Oly 22 wrote:Yes, I am using the fade control, on the right hand side of the centre console. Also, I double checked and there is no sound, coming from any of the back speakers.
I have a button on my center entertainment center and there is a rear audio control button. I don't have the OEM dvd system, however if I remember correctly, if I push the rear audio button it mutes the rear speakers. I can't verify that at this moment as the wife has the car, but that might be a possibility. Not sure if you have the button either.

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:54 am

I figured it out, just above the rear control button, on the centre console, there is a button with the symbol for headphones and a speaker. If you press that button, you can turn the headphones on and the rear speakers go off. Obviously, with the rear speakers off, the fade control wouldn't work. Must have pushed that button at sometime, possibly when I cleaned the dash board.
:oops:

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:25 pm

Oly 22 wrote:I figured it out, just above the rear control button, on the centre console, there is a button with the symbol for headphones and a speaker. If you press that button, you can turn the headphones on and the rear speakers go off. Obviously, with the rear speakers off, the fade control wouldn't work. Must have pushed that button at sometime, possibly when I cleaned the dash board.
:oops:
Great news. Glad you were able to figure that out.

Return to “R51 Electrical”