Windows automatically going down when doors close?

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

domestique

Windows automatically going down when doors close?

Postby domestique » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:40 am

Hello!

Vehicle: 2008 V8 Pathfinder LE

History: Just picked up my pathfinder from the body shop after my front driver's door replaced (idiot side swiped my wife in the snow).

Problem: If I use the outside unlock button on the door and then shut my driver's door BOTH the passenger and driver's windows roll the whole way down.

I've owned this vehicle for 2 years now and never had this happen before. I know about the key FOB automatic window issue but this is completely new to me. I've searched the manual and did a quick Google search and came up with noting.

I'm wondering if this is a "convenience" setting that needs turned off or the garage shorted something during the replacement and I need to make a phone call.

Thanks guys! Other then that the body work turned out amazing... except the forgot to replace the V8 emblem on the door, I'll be calling them Monday for that but would like to get to the bottom of this window issue before then.

jman9895

Postby jman9895 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:54 pm

have the wiring in the door handle and pwr window switch checked, or check it yourself, there are two wires that go into the window switch that, when given a ground signal for 3+ seconds will roll down/roll up the window. Chances are something happened to the harness while the door was being replaced and its grounding unintentionally, (either the wire is pinched or exposed somewhere) this is causing the windows to drop. There are 2 wires, one for down and one for up. If you look at back of the window module its the two that are thinner than the others at the back of the switch. I'll take a pic of mine and post it if you need me to.

DanJetta

Postby DanJetta » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:42 pm

Disconnect your master window switch and see if it still happens.

domestique

Postby domestique » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:45 pm

Update.

Second trip out.

My one tire sensor when off (wouldn't pick up, but they did replace the tire, so the sensor probably got bumped and that needs looked at), then I got out, shut my door, and both windows went down again. Again I'm not touching the key fob at all!

If I slam the door hard enough (a normal shutting, nothing excessive) I hear a clock in the rear of the vehicle and the windows roll down.

I turned the engine on, and now the service light is on and the screen that shows how many miles to empty reads 0 (but the fuel guage is working fine).

Needless to say, the shop is getting a call in the morning.

Thanks for the help guys, but with all the problems that just happened I'd rather not go monkeying around since everything is covered by the shops repair warranty. I'll let them play with the problem.

Return to “R51 Electrical”