Dyno Results and video

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

akley88

Dyno Results and video

Postby akley88 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:39 am

So this weekend i went to a charity dyno day and here is the results with the 295/75/16s on the truck. This was full bolts on. I decided that im gonna go with the Uprev to replace the bullydog cause the tuner said there is definately more power to be had from this thing. 20-30 whp is possible and im hoping to get close to 300 ft lbs. and then more power adders will be next.

http://youtu.be/kc8ikCt3-ZI

not on the rug

cool

Postby not on the rug » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:52 am

cool. any ideas as to how much more of an increase you'll get with the uprev tune?

BigEz

Postby BigEz » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:15 am

Nice Video... Dynos always make me cringe a little. What Bullydog tune where your running... max performance I'm guessing?

akley88

Re: cool

Postby akley88 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:49 am

not on the rug wrote:cool. any ideas as to how much more of an increase you'll get with the uprev tune?
20-30 whp and torque im guessing is possible. r/t tuning has a reputation for amazing work with Uprev. The tires really hurt the power rating to the ground.

akley88

Postby akley88 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:56 am

BigEz wrote:Nice Video... Dynos always make me cringe a little. What Bullydog tune where your running... max performance I'm guessing?
yeah but the Uprev is so much better. plus they can eliminate the o2 codes i get from no cats. im losing power due to no cats and the ecu trying to adjust for it. the people at the dyno day loved it though. Turns out i was almost at their limit for width. just over 79" wide tire to tire. less then 1 inch and legally i would require marker lights.

not on the rug

Postby not on the rug » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:16 am

akley88 wrote:
not on the rug wrote:cool. any ideas as to how much more of an increase you'll get with the uprev tune?
20-30 whp and torque im guessing is possible. r/t tuning has a reputation for amazing work with Uprev. The tires really hurt the power rating to the ground.
nice. yeah, big tires kill your power output to the ground for sure

the titan and armada guys love the uprev tune. I still want a bullydog, but maybe i'll save my pennies and go uprev. you have the V6 right?

akley88

Postby akley88 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:33 am

not on the rug wrote:
akley88 wrote:
nice. yeah, big tires kill your power output to the ground for sure

the titan and armada guys love the uprev tune. I still want a bullydog, but maybe i'll save my pennies and go uprev. you have the V6 right?
yeah i have the v6. u can tell my car has been pulling power. whenever i recent the ecu there is a noticible power difference. i want uprev cause i plan on pushing the engine as far as possible. actually thinking about a fully built engine with some boost if i can justify the costs and get a second car.

not on the rug

Postby not on the rug » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:55 am

sounds like a pretty awesome project to me.

would you rather boost or just swap the motor?

akley88

Postby akley88 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:12 am

not on the rug wrote:sounds like a pretty awesome project to me.

would you rather boost or just swap the motor?
thats where im not sure when i get the uprev tuning done i plan on checking with the shop which is better a boosted vq40 or a vk56 that could still be boosted down the line.

not on the rug

motor

Postby not on the rug » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:43 am

i'd lean towards the motor swap with potential for some boost down the road. the bigger motor will give you more hp and torque no matter what.

you could always seek out a clean v8 pathy, swap your mods to that one and then sell the v6. saves you the headache of the swap and it's associated costs

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”