Hybrid for towing?

Any topics related to 2013+ R52

Moderator: volvite

Palumpaly

Hybrid for towing?

Postby Palumpaly » Mon May 05, 2014 7:50 am

We have been looking at the '14 Pathfinder as a possible replacement for our '07 Toyota Sienna. We are probably exactly the new Pathfinder target market -- two adults, three kids, two dogs while there's no soccer gear, there are violins, a bassoon and maybe a cello soon. We used to own a '92 Pathfinder so even though the '14 is completely different, I think it might actually suit our needs quite well.

We also have a tent trailer that we use 4-6 times a year. I see that the hybrid tows 3500 lbs which is the same as our Sienna. Just wondering if towing with the hybrid is any different -- better or worse? what do we need to keep in mind?

CPLTECH

Postby CPLTECH » Mon May 05, 2014 11:23 am

Lots of complaints with the CVT transmission

Grumpah

Re: Hybrid for towing?

Postby Grumpah » Wed May 07, 2014 2:15 pm

Palumpaly wrote:We have been looking at the '14 Pathfinder as a possible replacement for our '07 Toyota Sienna. We are probably exactly the new Pathfinder target market -- two adults, three kids, two dogs while there's no soccer gear, there are violins, a bassoon and maybe a cello soon. We used to own a '92 Pathfinder so even though the '14 is completely different, I think it might actually suit our needs quite well.

We also have a tent trailer that we use 4-6 times a year. I see that the hybrid tows 3500 lbs which is the same as our Sienna. Just wondering if towing with the hybrid is any different -- better or worse? what do we need to keep in mind?
I would imagine your tent trailer will be WAY under the limit, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Return to “R52 General Chat”