Hello again from scotland

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

Shades

Hello again from scotland

Postby Shades » Sun May 11, 2014 12:47 pm

Hi, I feel I need to introduce myself again. I registered a few years ago as Butchloggins but have not been very active and have changed my email address, and lost my password. So here I am again.

I have a 2008 pathfinder trek, 2.5 turbo diesel. I have owned it for 3 years now and find it a brilliant family car. I have two young boys, 6 and 3 years old. My 3 year old uses a wheel chair and walker so for us the pathfinder with the massive boot helps enormously with all the gear we need to carry.

It now has 57000 miles and was performing brilliantly, until recently...

It has developed an intermittent fault with the vacuum lift on the turbo. When it is running ok, you see the actuator on the turbo being lifted, When its not running ok (low on power) the actuator does not move. I have traced this through the solenoid and the blue feed across the engine is not providing suction. I have removed it and checked this hose and its not blocked.

I have done some googling on the vacuum pump failure, and all I can figure out that the main purpose of the pump is for the brakes, and the brakes on my pathfinder are working ok with servo pressure, also the aircon controls are all working.

Any thoughts suggestions would gratefully received. I had it booked into the dealer a couple of weeks ago (which was a 3 week wait) and by the time it came to the appointment it had sorted itself again.

Many thanks in advance
Adrian[/img]

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Tue May 13, 2014 3:03 pm

welcome

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”