Power Stop OEK Ceramic Brake Kits - KOE144

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

deezx5

Power Stop OEK Ceramic Brake Kits - KOE144

Postby deezx5 » Fri May 09, 2014 10:58 am

The 09 is due for a brake job shortly and the Power Stop OEK Ceramic Brake Kits - KOE144 seems like a good value from RockAuto at $171 for front and rear ceramic pads and rotors. I don't have any experience with this brand though so I am a bit unsure. Has anyone used this kit or have a better suggestion in this price range?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu May 15, 2014 11:42 pm

I have genuine Nissan replacement pads (which are Hitachi's) on my 06 and Akebono Pro ACT Ceramics on the 08, which I got from Rockauto and at half the price of the OEM, plus came with new hardware. Akebono has long been an OEM supplier of brakes to Nissan. If I was to buy another set, I would definitely go with the Akebonos; the genuine Nissan pads have had low speed squeel issues despite several times of removing and re-lubricating them with copper-slip. I've also used Raybestos Professional Series ceramics (but not on a Pathfinder) and they were very good, as well. I've never used the Power Stops so I can't so whether they are good or not.

deezx5

Postby deezx5 » Mon May 19, 2014 7:17 am

Thanks I will check out the Akebono. I probably don't even need rotors at this point, they look great, no grooves or pitting

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon May 26, 2014 3:28 pm

If they don't pulsate when braking, I would just scuff up the rotors with some sandpaper or you can have them resurfaced.

deezx5

Postby deezx5 » Tue May 27, 2014 5:57 am

I got the Akebono Pro Act and did the swap over the weekend. They came with all of the necessary hardware and little grease packets and went on with little issue. I had some sticking in the passenger side rear but a little lube of the piston and pins seems to have fixed that.

The stock Hitachi pads still had decent life after 64K and probably could have gone to 80 but the wife wanted them swapped so I did it. The rotors were in excellent shape and I didn't need to do anything to them.

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”