Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

ergibbs

Postby ergibbs » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:30 pm

I just purchased a 2003 Pathfinder SE and, despite the fact that it's an older vehicle, am very happy with it. I have a couple of quirks that I'd like to try to get some help with, before taking it to a mechanic here in Costa Rica that won't know what he's doing. The power door locks only work if the key is in the ignition with it turned at least to supply power, or if the car is running. If I turn off the car, the switch doesn't work. Second, the dome light doesn't work. I've changed the bulb and the fuse to no avail. I haven't tested for current to the light yet. Third...hmmm...I forgot what the third one was. It might have been that the dash clock suddenly quit working, but I don't remember if that was it. Someone told me that there might be a relay that has gone bad, and that the same relay may control the locks and the dome light. Can anyone confirm this? Can anyone point me in the direction of where to look to start resolving these minor issues? Thanks in advance.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”