Power Nissan in Chandler, AZ

Discuss your dealer buying and servicing experiences here. And just the facts mam, let's keep the libel to a minimum please.

Moderator: volvite

AZ_Path

Power Nissan in Chandler, AZ

Postby AZ_Path » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:15 pm

We purchased our '08 Pathfinder from Power Nissan in Chandler, AZ. The experience was good. I had gone to the dealer once in person about a week before the end of the month which was also the end of Nissan's fiscal year. My wife and I were on the fence about buying because we didn't need to buy right away. I called the salesman back a few days later and told him that we were going to wait and not purchase right now. He encouraged me to make an aggressive offer since it was the end of the fiscal year and they were working hard to meet a sales target.

So we ended up making them an offer via email on the last day of the month. Over the phone they told me they would accept it, but I didn't have it in writing so I was still skeptical. We had a dinner appt. that night so we didn't show up to the dealer until about 10:00 P.M. I had the email printed that I sent them so we could be clear on the details of the offer.

Once we sat down I handed him my printed email to remind him of the offer we made and said it had to be that price if we were going to make the deal that night. The salesman came back with the price we offered along with a documentation fee. He said he couldn't waive the documentation fee because that line item needed to exist on the paperwork incase the dealership were ever in a legal situation where they weren't consistent with that fee and then they could have to credit everyone back that amount. I said that's fine, but then they need to reduce the amount of our offer by the amount of the documantation fee so that the price totals out at the amount we agreed to. They agreed and the deal was done.

All and all it was a good experience. I expect the dealer to try an make money where they can so I understand them pushing a bit. I think it helped that we were there at 10:30 P.M. on the last day of the month. If we couldn't agree that night then they wouldn't have the sale on the books for the fiscal year.

Return to “Praise or Postal?”