Window Rattle

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

AZ_Path

Window Rattle

Postby AZ_Path » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:35 pm

If I have the front passenger window down approx. half way there is creaking noise that I hear when I run over uneven pavement or bumps on the road. Apparently this is a common problem that people are having

http://www.edmunds.com/nissan/pathfinde ... eview.html

I haven't been to the dealer about it yet. Has anyone else observed this?

Npath

Re: Window Rattle

Postby Npath » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:27 pm

Yes, I have, but driver's side only. I'll be mentioning it to them on my next oil change. I've heard it happening to other owners driver side, but not passenger side.

Gray

Postby Gray » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:31 pm

I had a rattle on the front drivers side window for about 20K kms that has since gone away, just the mechanisms seating in I think. For serviceable items get an email address for your Nissan service rep and send your concerns by hard copy so that you have a track record of advisement to a Nissan tech rep if it turns into a long term problem. If it's not hard copied then it never happened sort of philosophy.

IanGB

Postby IanGB » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:20 pm

Creaking or squeaking side windows have been an issue for some Aussie owners of the Euro build R51 also.

Most cases were cured by applying a SMALL amount of graphite powder to the rubbers.

Ian

AZ_Path

Postby AZ_Path » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:45 pm

IanGB wrote:Most cases were cured by applying a SMALL amount of graphite powder to the rubbers.
Which particular pieces of rubber should the graphite be applied to?

IanGB

Postby IanGB » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:13 am

AZ_Path wrote: Which particular pieces of rubber should the graphite be applied to?
Window seals where glass edges slide. Seems that the space can be a bit tight resulting in the seal "sticking" to the glass, causing creaks and squeaks as it moves.

Ian

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:14 pm

my driver window rattles but its a truck so i dont care :D

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:40 am

I get the same noise on Pax and Drivers side. For now I just adjust the window up or down slightly to eliminate the noise.

KEVSTER

Postby KEVSTER » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:05 pm

passenger side window rattles, depends on the road bumps, when it is down only.

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:10 pm

Same here, both sides if it's not all the way down or up during rough roads. But I agree, it's a truck so I don't mind too much either. When I offroad, I don't usually put it in the middle.

dunsho

Postby dunsho » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:27 am

hello,
new owner 08 se with bose

got my window tinted and i've noticed that when i open my windows the windows continues to slowly go down after the window motor stops, seems like it's stickin to the rubber, it makes a weird sound.
anyone else know wut i mean

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:43 am

Had my path since Dec 04 and can honestly say I noticed it over a crappy road the first time I had my windows partially down. I was hoping Blink's experience would parallel mine but for me the OME seems to have cured it in my path (with the lower impact frequency et all.) Then again whenever I drive in Dirty Jersey I imagine Aussie road conditions can't be much worse.

I emplore anyone stupid enough to want the Govt. to privatize any regulated sector go ahead and drive something cheap and punishing like a Mazda 3 around the Pike and other roads. That should realign their perspective.

AZ_Path

Postby AZ_Path » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:49 pm

****Update****

It's a year later, but I think the problem is known now. I was browsing the Service Bulletins for the 08 model to see how many of them applied to me and I found NTB09-021.

It says that a piece of felt tape has to be applied to an area where the window regulator attaches. The window has to be removed for the service.

I was in for an oil change today and they took the door panel off and then told me they have to order the tape and that no one had ever reported the issue before. Seems like a joke not to have a 1" piece of sticky tape around the shop that would suffice. Oh well. I'll take care of it during the next oil change.

sriracha

Postby sriracha » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:06 pm

sweet, thanks for the update. it's how i found my way onto this forum :D

Jegan

Postby Jegan » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:44 pm

I just discovered this rattle yesterday as it is now warm enough in Quebec to lower the window half way. It is quite loud and only disappears after I push down slightly on the window to "seat" it in the mechanism that raises and lowers the pane of glass. I will have the dealership check it on next oil change and see what they say. I hope that with time it goes away as the truck is a 2012 with only 2000km on it. Heh. I'll keep everyone updated.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”