Dome Lights

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri May 20, 2011 3:48 pm

NVSteve wrote:
volvite wrote: Since your original post in 09 when you changed to the LED bulbs, how have they held up? Still biright? Have you had to change them again? Anything you would have done different?
Still obnoxiously bright (a good thing) & haven't replaced any of them yet. No regrets, no complaints. If anything, I'll probably be ordering up a set for the Xterra since they work so well.
Ok thanks. That's good to hear especially when you spent 12/light bulb. That adds up quick.

DreamerzCC

Postby DreamerzCC » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:09 am

here is mine from my Xterra. Did the same swap on our Pathy and JX35. Xterra has the same lighting under the seats and dash also.

http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread ... dreamerzcc

tenponies

Installing LED interior/map/cargo bulbs.

Postby tenponies » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:03 pm

Guys and Gals,
I read some frustrating incidences when trying to access and replace factory bulbs with LED bulbs. Number one, you do not dismantle the light housing for any of the locations. I recently changed 5 bulbs in my 2008 Pathfinder LE in less than 30 minutes. You merely remove the actual lens cover only, pull out the old bulb, stick in the new, then replace the lens cover. To remove the lens cover, insert a small screwdriver between the hinged edge and the housing and gently pry upward. This will release the two plastic hinge snaps. Then pull the lens in the direction of the light housing and it pulls right out. Swap the bulbs and your done. To replace the lens cover, insert the push to light end in first moving it away from the lens housing. Once seated, push up on the hinge edge at the corners until the hinge cradles snap back in the hinge bar. It is very simple and easy. Use a small, but not tiny, flat head screwdriver to remove the lens covers. The screwdriver blade end should be about 1/8 of an inch wide. Many of these types come with pocket pen clamps like any ballpoint pen. It is simple and quick and never dislodges or affects the light housing fixture. I now have five bright white interior lamps that really light up the interior, even during daylight. At night, they are awesome

pathfinderspot10

hi

Postby pathfinderspot10 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:32 pm

Hat type of bulbs are those? And does all 3 rows have the same type of bulb?

LessThanZero

Re: Installing LED interior/map/cargo bulbs.

Postby LessThanZero » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:04 pm

tenponies wrote:Guys and Gals,
I read some frustrating incidences when trying to access and replace factory bulbs with LED bulbs. Number one, you do not dismantle the light housing for any of the locations. I recently changed 5 bulbs in my 2008 Pathfinder LE in less than 30 minutes. You merely remove the actual lens cover only, pull out the old bulb, stick in the new, then replace the lens cover. To remove the lens cover, insert a small screwdriver between the hinged edge and the housing and gently pry upward. This will release the two plastic hinge snaps. Then pull the lens in the direction of the light housing and it pulls right out. Swap the bulbs and your done. To replace the lens cover, insert the push to light end in first moving it away from the lens housing. Once seated, push up on the hinge edge at the corners until the hinge cradles snap back in the hinge bar. It is very simple and easy. Use a small, but not tiny, flat head screwdriver to remove the lens covers. The screwdriver blade end should be about 1/8 of an inch wide. Many of these types come with pocket pen clamps like any ballpoint pen. It is simple and quick and never dislodges or affects the light housing fixture. I now have five bright white interior lamps that really light up the interior, even during daylight. At night, they are awesome
Well, I just tried this and it took less than 4 seconds to pop off the lens. Good tip, I was not looking forward to pulling the whole thing out.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”