Belt tensioner pulley

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

docjones

Belt tensioner pulley

Postby docjones » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:45 am

I just looked at my set up under the hood. Also just watched a generic youtube video for a belt tensioner pulley replacement. For the two belt replacements is it as simple as re-leaving the tension on the two separate pulleys (one for each belt) and replacing the belts or do I have to loosen the alternator on one side and maybe the power steering pump on the other? I'm sure it would help if I had the service manual but I don't. Thanks Tom

docjones

Postby docjones » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:29 am

It really is as simple as loosening the two nuts on top (in front of) the pulley tensioners and then loosen the bolt on the bottom of each. Belts come right off. DO NOT DO what I did which was loosen all the bolts on the tensioners themselves which turned a one hour job into a three hour job.

threewood

Postby threewood » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:07 am

Loosen the pulley bolt first, then loosen the long tensioner bolt and you will see the pully drop down releaving tension on the belt. Replace belt, tighten tensioner bolt and then the pulley bolt. Super easy and same for both belts.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”