99.5/R50 Interior Cargo Bay Light/Cover

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

bluetexas

99.5/R50 Interior Cargo Bay Light/Cover

Postby bluetexas » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:17 pm

Does anyone know where I can find a cover for the interior cargo bay dome light (the light just inside the lift gate on the ceiling)? Or even what it's technical name or part number is? I've been searching all day, trying different names and different sites, but I've come up empty handed. Such an insignificant part until you need one.

Teeter

Postby Teeter » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:41 am

I'm guessing that's a junkyard item. The shop manual calls it the luggage room lamp assembly so I'm guessing if you do find it for sale new it's the whole assembly.

Teeter

Postby Teeter » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:24 pm

You should replace it ASAP though. My 99 was missing the cargo area dome light cover when I bought it and I had to rebuild the motor 40k miles later.

moymurfs

Re: 99.5/R50 Interior Cargo Bay Light/Cover

Postby moymurfs » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:33 pm

bluetexas wrote:Does anyone know where I can find a cover for the interior cargo bay dome light (the light just inside the lift gate on the ceiling)? Or even what it's technical name or part number is? I've been searching all day, trying different names and different sites, but I've come up empty handed. Such an insignificant part until you need one.

If it's the same as a 98 with the cutout for the switch button....:roll: PM me your address...

bluetexas

Got it.

Postby bluetexas » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:48 pm

Thanks for the info (and the sarcasm, har har). I lucked out and found it in the parking lot where the wind had blown it into a corner. I know it's not a crucial part, but I had just gotten it back from the shop after an accident (not my fault) and was relishing having it whole and complete again.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”