Automatic transmission fluid is vanishing ??

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

random citizen

Automatic transmission fluid is vanishing ??

Postby random citizen » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:25 am

Greeting , I bought used pathfinder 2006. it has problem about transmission fluid. I fill the car then used it for couple of month but when i check the ATF fluid level it is extremely low.There is no leak in the car .Note: there was very small crash in the front bumper do you think it has relation(damage of transmission cooler) ??or i need to use genuine ATF from dealer only or it is normal thing . Thank you

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:45 am

well the fluid is going somewhere.

I'd check your cooling system, in case you have the rad leak.

Otherwise, you may be correct and should check for leaks on your transcooler up front.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: Automatic transmission fluid is vanishing ??

Postby eieio » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:15 am

random citizen wrote:Greeting , I bought used pathfinder 2006. it has problem about transmission fluid. I fill the car then used it for couple of month but when i check the ATF fluid level it is extremely low.There is no leak in the car .Note: there was very small crash in the front bumper do you think it has relation(damage of transmission cooler) ??or i need to use genuine ATF from dealer only or it is normal thing . Thank you
what method are you using to check the transmission fluid level?

random citizen

Postby random citizen » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:22 am

Thank you disallow and eieio.

for the method i just check transmission fluid dipstick .

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:43 pm

You can use any trans fluid that is recommended for Nissanmatic Type "J" or Type "S" ATF. Castrol Multi-import is actually the same fluid. I use Valvonline Maxlife ATF in mine.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”