Traded in '08 for '13 today!

Any topics related to 2013+ R52

Moderator: volvite

Clownstrike

Postby Clownstrike » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:59 am

I think you can hit the phone button again during a prompt to skip to the beep and respond (don't need to wait for all options to be spoken).

Mr Mayor

Postby Mr Mayor » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:39 am

Dang. I tried that before and it hung up on me. Turns out I hit it twice, so yes, that actually does work... Thanks!!

lawfarm

Postby lawfarm » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:42 pm

Mr Mayor wrote:
1: I can turn the REAR heat ON, but can't turn it OFF ? In the '08 I toggled it back n forth all the time for my son. Now HE has to turn it off? Definitely an oops on Nissan, or am I missing something so obvious that I'm missing it? Here's what I mean, let's say you have a couple rug rats as passengers, and you want to warm them up.... you pop the REAR heat button...few minutes later they are roasting, so now you need to shut it off....and can't????

HIT THE 'REAR' BUTTON ON THE DASH, AND THEN PUSH THE ON-OFF FAN BUTTON TO TURN THE REAR OFF. PUSHING THE 'REAR' BUTTON ALLOWS YOU TO CONTROL THE REAR--TO ADJUST THE TEMP, ETC. PUSHING IT AGAIN CYCLES YOU BACK TO RUNNING THE FRONT ONLY.

2: Must they turn on my A/C every :censored: time I turn on the defrost? I really don't want it on.. I know it's on as a dehumidifier, but I DON'T WANT THAT. I'm not an idiot, I can work an HVAC system thanks Nissan.

3: There is no more 3

4: Ipod interface is good, but not great. It's kind of a pain...consider that we have this beautiful round button with 4 arrows on it, and an Enter button,(like an iPod?!) and now consider why the hell they didn't use it like that? Why? I do like the title and artist listed though.

5: Sunroof is markedly smaller, likely to accommodate the big sky-roof in the back.... Who needs this sky-roof? If it's sunny enough to "open the cover" to it, it's sunny enough to warm the car more. regardless of the 'privacy glass' in place.. I'd MUCH rather have a bigger sunroof like my 08 had, maybe even bigger. Just my opinion here.

AGREED.

6: I noted that sometimes when I raise the fan speed up or down, or change the mode, like feet, or face, it doesn't always bring up the display... so I have no idea what fan speed or mode I chose. I note this ONLY happens when I use XM radio (which I won't renew anyway)... maybe a software issue perhaps, but wow is it irritating. Anyway seeing this?

7: I thought the less aggressive tires would transmit less noise into the cabin, but to me, it doesn't seem it. I'll be giving the wheel-wells some undercoat in the Spring to see if it helps, at least when it rains.... years ago when I worked for Saturn we had these NVH (noise vehicle harshness) issues and undercoat (even in a spray can) worked wonders.. I'm hoping the same will ring true here as well. Note that I drive on a decent portion of concrete highway during my 75 mile ride each work day... so that may be most of it..Pavement is better, true.

8: One USB port in my truck...and they stick it inside the center console? Why not replace one of the front cig lighters with another USB, hmm? And this leaves my iPod on ALL THE TIME? Do I want this? No. Dumb. Yet at least 4 cig lighter 12 volt ports all over the place... Nissan; really?

Now please note don't let my gripe list deter you from purchase, I'm an opinionated little a-hole from N-NJ and these things may never occur during your use..or you can overlook it, like I'm trying to do. (yeh, not really). Some of it may seem minor to you, and even me, but thought I should mention it out loud anyway...

Cheers!!!!

forgottenzone

Postby forgottenzone » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:03 pm

Good luck with your new ride.
Sorry to say I would never get rid of my 08 for the new pathy.
reminds me to much of a minivan or crossover.
and CVT trany, not for me. Good luck anyways.

pyrophilus

Postby pyrophilus » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:45 am

When the car talks to you blah blah... Just press the voice button and it will skip to beep.
Mr Mayor wrote:One more thing.... the phone interface..

Why can't I just "Call Julie Mobile"...it NEVER works?!

I have to listen to every single :censored: menu for each choice.

Hit the phone button on the steering wheel and let the frustration begin... It definitely cannot understand me. Now, for the record, I speak the queens English quite well. The occasional slang of "gonna"(going to) " gahead" "go ahead" but never do these make it into the phone dialing. "I don't got no freeakin Jerzey axcent, jeeez!"

Call... To make a call say any of the following commands... 10 seconds worth ad nauseum
Julie.. There is more than one entry, here; let me read the whole friggin thing to make every call you make at least 45 seconds long before it dials..
Oh wait, Julie has 3 entries, let me read you the whole fricking phone number knowing full well you wouldn't know these numbers if you were stuck in a snowy mountain cave....
Oh OK, so now that you've said YES, do you want to dial it? Ok here we go... Oh nevermind.... you're at your destination, get out and find her now...

ok, that's it.

Return to “R52 General Chat”