Traction control?

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

Kestral

Traction control?

Postby Kestral » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:28 pm

I have noticed that on my 2012 Pathy "S" model that I have a button to switch off the traction control. Will this switch totally disengage the traction control or just retard it? I have seen where some cars and trucks will just change the engagement RPM if the switch is pressed. My 2006 Toyota 4Runner had no button to shut off the traction control... Try pulling out in traffic with a foot of snow and your truck just sits there with the go pedal floored! It's not fun! At times wheel spin is better then just sitting there in the middle of the road!

Not sure if I was supposed to post this topic here but just not sure where to throw this one.. :D

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:49 pm

If you have the same button I have it says "VDC off" which is the stability control. Turning this off doesn't kill traction control by itself, but it eliminates the part that will cut engine power. I have a few intersections I need to hop on the go-pedal really hard and if my stability control is on, it kills my power. That's never a good feeling when you're trying to get out in front of trucks! So now I hit the VDC button when coming into those intersections and traction control essentially transfers power to the other wheel which isn't a big problem. Not really any different than a mechanical limited slip that can't be turned off either.

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”