Money No Object Lift /Suspension Upgrade

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

FastPass

Money No Object Lift /Suspension Upgrade

Postby FastPass » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:16 pm

Hi to All Members... My apology for the crass nature of my very first post. I am curious after so much research and reading on this great forum... What would be the all out lift suspension upgrade for my 2008 V8 Pathy be? I have read most of this forum section and now even though more informed sadly more confused! Many ways to solve the less than ideal stock suspension. I am looking for something that stands out visually ..lifted, aggressive and bigger tires. But handeling both highway and off road are important. I do probably 80% road and 20% offroad as far as my driving profile. Considering my Wife wanted to sell my beloved Pathy and get an Audi Q7( Which was very nice but its hard to give up a V8 for a 3 litre ) Convinced her to keep it but feel that now more than ever if we are keeping it it needs a make over! I would like to get it right the first time with the help from the knowledgable members of this Forum. Thank you in advance for any and all help! Best Regards Thomas Ps... Its money no object because I just saved 75K by NOT buying a new Audi Q7 Lastly will post pics start to finish of build... Doing it right the first time! (Hopefully)

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:10 am

In my opinion, this is ideal.

Calmini kit, get your order in fast because it takes a very long time. I ordered mine at the end of July and it came in mid January. 1800 I believe.

Instead of using the coffee can spacers that come with the kit, I would opt for the RadFlo Titan coilovers with external reservoirs.($1300) PRG sells them. These can add about 2” inches of lift. Also, I would go with the RadFlo rear shocks too, there are 2 types and either are fine, especially if you don’t do much off-roading. ($200-350). There’s always the spacers for additional lift or the HD springs for the rear. And the airlift 1000 is best for this set-up too, just like everyone says, it's the best bang for your buck.

With this set-up, you could fit 35x12.5”s on there. Minor trimming may be required in front.

Captain
Sponsored Member

Postby Captain » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:17 pm

Money no option. full solid axle conversion front and rear. with 36''

But thats a $$ swap.

BigEz

Postby BigEz » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:52 pm

Well if it wasn't for money... I think, I like the way those guys in Iceland roll..
https://www.flickr.com/photos/41900820@N06/5632625503/

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:57 am

BigEz wrote:Well if it wasn't for money... I think, I like the way those guys in Iceland roll..
https://www.flickr.com/photos/41900820@N06/5632625503/
That's the almighty Nissan Patrol. Man I wish they brought those to the states.

These are the Pathfinder options. There's at least one guy on here with that set-up.

http://www.arctictrucks.com/pages/1372
Captain wrote:Money no option. full solid axle conversion front and rear. with 36''
Might as well go with 37's. More common size.

I'm not sure I'd go with solid axles for the 20% he spends off road. For a trail rig that make sense (not financially but from a no money option PoV)

But it's been done a few times on the Frontier which is identical to our front suspension, and plenty of times on the titan, which we've all heard of titan front suspension swaps.

The rear seems easy enough. Thought I'd upgrade the glass made D44 that comes on the Xterra/Frontier/Titan especially if it's got the V8. Even the R230 on the V8 Pathy has a larger ring gear than the Titan.

BigEz

Postby BigEz » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:45 pm

NmexMAX wrote: That's the almighty Nissan Patrol. Man I wish they brought those to the states. .
Yea, I love the Patrol. But then again, I love all the "Supertrucks" in Iceland. All I need to do is a google image search to make me drool..
https://www.google.com/search?q=iceland ... UoAQ&dpr=2

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”