2006 Pathfinder Thermostat

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

clasky

2006 Pathfinder Thermostat

Postby clasky » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:51 am

Can anyone tell how much of a project it is to change the thermostat on a 2006...I have the part... just havent even looked under the hood to see what this will be as far as difficulty. I see some places online say the thermostat is in the bottom hose? im hoping this wont be to bad... if any has a picture of where it is... or can describe the process.... that would be a great help.... or if you feel I would be spending a ton of time on this, and be better off to pay someone to do it... that works also

deermjd

Postby deermjd » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:17 am

Looks like you will have to remove the air intake duct and some hoses to access the thermostat. Probably a good time to replace the coolant since you will have to drain some of it anyway.

Look at the service manual for the detailed instructions:
http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=2305

Tzvier

Postby Tzvier » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:39 am

It's not terrible, bit of a tight fit. Probably took me about 90 mins total to actually change it and another 3 hours to find the friggin bolt that I dropped.

out of curiosity, why do you think your thermostat is bad?

clasky

Postby clasky » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:28 pm

it takes a long time to heat up... and doesnt get that warm even after its run....so im assuming it is not opening and closing correctly

Tzvier

Postby Tzvier » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:58 pm

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:15 am

It's not "in the hose," just attached to it. It bolts to the block. Since you have the part already, you can see that the thermostat and housing are one assembly.

PapaRomeo51

No heat

Postby PapaRomeo51 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:21 pm

It is that time of year again and we are all needing our heat. My heat has not blown warm at idle since I last changed my coolant and never blown warm in the rear at idle or at speed. There are schools of thought that suggest the thermostat is bad and yours may be. I replaced my thermostat today hoping to solve the problem. Took 45 min and my new thermostat was in. I have to say that when I removed the old one and it was in the closed position I knew I had replaced it for in vain.

If your heat blows cold at idle and then warm if you hodl the engine at 2000rpm or more, then your thermostat is NOT bad. You just need to bleed the coolant system. See below for link. I really had to hold the revs up to get the coolant to circulate. Do it right and you will have heat in the front and the rear. Glad this is done now. Bring on the cold weather. I'm happy to answer questions if I can be of help.

http://www.justanswer.com/nissan/63m0k- ... -idle.html

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”