2005 pathfinder...VDC/ABS/SLIP lights on dash...why?

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

skogy420

2005 pathfinder...VDC/ABS/SLIP lights on dash...why?

Postby skogy420 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:42 am

Please Help!

2005 pathfinder

VDC/ABS/SLIP dash lights are on when its really cold out.
Then 4-wheel drive wont work...

Any help??

Captain
Sponsored Member

Postby Captain » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:42 am

Moved the topic to this forum, please only start one forum for the topic.

Go get your codes read.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:02 am

I would first make sure the brake fluid isn't low in the master cylinder and top off as needed. If it isn't low, then, as already suggested, get the codes read for the ABS system. They can't be pulled with a typical OBD II code reader; it will need to be done with a capable scantool.

MnPathy

Re: 2005 pathfinder...VDC/ABS/SLIP lights on dash...why?

Postby MnPathy » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:25 am

skogy420 wrote:Please Help!

2005 pathfinder

VDC/ABS/SLIP dash lights are on when its really cold out.
Then 4-wheel drive wont work...

Any help??
I dealt with this problem for about 4 years as I was scared to go to the dealership to have a diagnostic done. I figured living in Tn I would not need any of the slip/ABS or VDC, well that all changed last winter when I moved to Minnesota. After having the lights on for several years now and not really caring at all why they were on I decided to bring my 2005 Nissan Pathfinder into the shop for a diagnostic. Heres what they came up with, the Rear Right wheel speed sensor code popped upalong with the steering angle sensor, after getting an alignment the steering angle sensor code was no longer there and after replacing the $350 wheel speed sensor cable was replaced, low and behold the code still showed up and the lights were still on the dash. Well the nissan dealership in Rochester, Mn took several more hours and zero cost too me because there diagnostic never fixed the problem. The Tech found a broken wire next to the firewall on the passenger side and he cut, stripped and patched the area and what do you know the problem is fixed and after all that and a alignment i was only down $750, not too shabby for a whole days worth of work.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”